Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Postby ConducTTor » Wed May 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Probably whatever the average price for an HO scale car is. I have no idea what that is.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby rdikken » Thu May 22, 2014 3:16 am

But that is the problem, if I take a Walther rtr 40' PS/1 boxcar, it will be between 25 and 30$. If you look at GC boxcars, they cost in Europe around 36€ without coupling.

The problem is that Walther will sell 4 a 5000 cars, probably more, but how many TT box cars will there be sold, 1500 a 2000? That makes it critical and impossible to sell for 25 a 30$.

What are you willing to pay for a RTR boxcar like the GC ones?

Please give me your reaction.

Ciao,
Rob
rdikken

Postby Marquette » Thu May 22, 2014 3:27 am

I'd say about $40.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby scaro » Thu May 22, 2014 3:32 am

Rob, can't comment on the US as I live in the UK. I'd expect even a kit would come to around £30 as we are in such a minor scale. That would be about $US50. Above that it starts to get a bit pricey.

But if it's RTR, painted, and painted correctly for something, it becomes tempting because all the work's done.

An AAR 1944 or PS1 40' is attractive because it can be cranked out painted and RTR accurately for a number of RRs and plausibly for many more. I really think that this is about all the scale can sustain at the moment.

Ben
scaro

Postby Marquette » Thu May 22, 2014 3:55 am

Yeah I think $50 would really be the feasible maximum.
Marquette

Postby rdikken » Thu May 22, 2014 8:39 am

Believe me, I want to keep it in the US as cheap as possible. Earning money is not my first goal. Getting thousands of TT-fans in the US is! If I can make a box car for let's say the same price in dollars as in euros without losing money, I will do it. In a month I hope to have a better idea what the costs will be.

After figuring out cost- and sales price, the logistics are also a challenge. I need in the US 2 or 3 distribution centers for not only a box car, but also tracks, a startset, etc.

Perhaps any suggestions?
rdikken

Postby Marquette » Thu May 22, 2014 11:05 am

rdikken wrote:After figuring out cost- and sales price, the logistics are also a challenge. I need in the US 2 or 3 distribution centers for not only a box car, but also tracks, a startset, etc.

Why so many? Would not one in Canada and one in the US be sufficient? (And yeah I emphasised that sentence like that on purpose... please do not say "US" when you mean "North America", Canada is NOT the USA but I notice Europeans often lump the two together. It would be like saying "Germany" to refer to France or Holland or Poland...)

But back on topic, I don't see why you would need more than one in each country for the time being? Though one in the US and one in Canada is a good idea, since cross-border postage is much more expensive than domestic, and if Canadians can buy from a Canadian distributor and Americans from a US-based distributor, that would save a few dollars on postage for them...
Marquette

Postby j p » Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 am

I agree with Rob, he needs at least 2-3 distributors in US and 2-3 distributors in Canada to have a chance for making an agreement with 1 of them. It is not likely that all would accept the deal, so better start negotiating with more of them.
j p

Postby rdikken » Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 pm

@marquette
I don't talk about Canada, that is more Mark's business. But the USA is that extremely big with 250 miljon inhabitants and a time zone difference of 3 a 4 hours that even 3 distribution centers, dc's, are not enough. But there is a more important idea. I believe in local showrooms, not internet based webshops. You have to sea how well modells are made, you have to smell them, taste them, talk with the showroom owner about it and more important compare TT with H0 or scale S and then decide what to buy. For reaching interested modell lovers, you have to be with a quantity of models in a showroom.

If this is true you start with 2 or 3 dc's to deliver hundreds of showrooms.

Perhaps I am a dreamer, but this country is a bit bigger then Europe.
Last edited by rdikken on Thu May 22, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rdikken

Postby Rob M » Thu May 22, 2014 4:55 pm

rdikken wrote:Perhaps I am a dreamer, but this country is a bit bigger then Europe.

Yes but we only have a small handful of active TT'ers. Model Railroad shops will not waste valuable shelf space for TT scale items when there isn't much chance of someone being interested in it.
Rob M

PreviousNext

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade