Zeuke TT Models

Zeuke TT Models

Postby Pisul » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:36 am

Hello,
I am writing this post to ask if anyone here know prices of TT models?
I've been to my grandmothers house and found a box of TT and N scale train models.
All of them are from 1960-1970 so they are pretty old, yet 99% of them are in perfect conditions.
I've got like ~80 of train cars and locomotives

I'd like to sell them but I don't know their price and only a few of them can be found on ebay etc.
Do you know price of any of them?

I'm attaching zip with photos, where each box photo is followed with a photo of a train car which was inside it.

Also if you are interested in buying any, just let me know :)

I know it might not be 100% suitable to this forum section, but I also want to sell them so imo it matches pretty much.

Best regards
Attachments
TT_Trains.zip
Zip containing photos of trians
(9.92 MiB) Downloaded 351 times
Pisul

Re: Zeuke TT Models

Postby Pisul » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:40 am

Also I have hundreds if not over a thousand of tracks, decorations etc.
Pisul

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:46 pm

The worth is very simple. It's whatever people are willing to pay. Put them on Ebay and you'll find out.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby modorney » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Judging from a few ETE swap meets and International Rail Fair in Sacramento (Roseville), the TT freight cars of that vintage range around $8 - some are 5 and some are 15. The passenger cars are about double that. Any working locomotive will fetch about $30 for diesel and electrics, and $50 on up for steam.

The big challenge is that it is rare to find someone who wants them. I walked into International Rail Fair and picked up an old turnout priced for $8 and offered 20 bucks for three. The seller countered with "You can have everything TT for $150" (About 10 pieces of track, turnouts, crossings, plus a dozen freight cars). I offered 100, and got it all for 125.

I asked him if any other TT people came by, and he did mention a couple of people from eastern Europe, each bought a starter set for their kids. But we three were the only ones.

I usually make up "work boxes". This is a complete box of hand tools, kadee couplers (714?), gauges, a piece of track, screws, and all the tools to sit there and put the couplers on. And have everything in one box. Sometimes, I get sent to a site where I sit, on call, for a few hours, and break out the box and the end result is a few cars for operating sessions.
modorney

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:36 pm

I picked up load of pristine BTTB stuff a few years ago for $175. 4 locos, 18 cars and 20 lengths of 664mm flex track. The demand for the older stuff is almost non existent.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:19 am

Zeuke TT stuff is not rare. There are a lot of old Zeuke or BTTB cars and locomotives available, especially in Germany and Eastern Europe.
But if you have some HP or Gandy Dancer or some other American TT stuff, in could be more interesting.
Arseny

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade