Zagrebstrans heavy car Uaai-z

Zagrebstrans heavy car Uaai-z

Postby j p » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Is anyone interested in this monster in TT scale? It has 48 wheels!

The author is searching for customers and needs 10. He has 7 so far. I'll buy one to support him, so 8. Can we find 2 more?
It can make it even through Zeuke's streetcar curves (but it looks weird on them because then the bridge runs off its bearing platform). The expected price would be comparable to more expensive Tillig locomotives.

This site is about making the same car in H0 scale: http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20582

Some pictures of the TT scale monster:
j p

Re: Zagrebstrans heavy car Uaai-z

Postby Marquette » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:48 pm

I've seen that beast first hand. It's something else indeed!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:01 am

Any details? Is it kit or RTR?

"price would be comparable to more expensive Tillig locomotives"

So......how much????
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:40 am

He doesn't know the exact price yet. His guess is $300 max.
It depends on how many of them he makes.
He would prefer it as RTR, not kit - after some bad experience with people copying his kits, but he is willing to make an exception for NA.

He can also make 2 bridges for it - one empty and one loaded.
j p

Postby MacG » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:08 pm

j p wrote:He doesn't know the exact price yet. His guess is $300 max.

For a fully cardstock model?

The pivot point of the bridge is in the model at the wrong place. It belongs in the center of the bogie group. There are 6 axles before und after it.

I have a "Tragschnabel"-car with 18 axles and this is enough. :wink:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby krokodil » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:29 pm

You have to make always such compromisses on similar models. That is the reason, why you do not see often so long models. Similar case are the articulated steam locomotives. On the original the rear frame is always rigid, in model you have to make both turnable.
I think on the croatian forum the guy explains the construction of the bogies.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby j p » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:17 pm

MacG wrote:
j p wrote:He doesn't know the exact price yet. His guess is $300 max.

For a fully cardstock model?

The pivot point of the bridge is in the model at the wrong place. It belongs in the center of the bogie group. There are 6 axles before und after it.

I have a "Tragschnabel"-car with 18 axles and this is enough. :wink:

The cardstock is the master. The model will be made of resin.
The pivot of the bridge in the model is at the wrong place on purpose. There is no way to fit it into the NEM profile with the pivot fixed in the center of the group of trucks, even the real car would not fit into the real profile that way.
The real car's pivot is in the center but it sits on rollers. The operator (or rather the car's computer) can move it to the side when running through a curve (you can actually see the offset on one of the pictures), it is done automatically. They measure the track first and feed the car's computer with the data, so it knows where to move it and how much.
That is not possible to make in the model. This additional movement to the sides is simulated in the model by having the pivot where you can see it in the picture - between the inner pair of trucks.
j p

Postby j p » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:24 pm

krokodil wrote:You have to make always such compromisses on similar models. That is the reason, why you do not see often so long models. Similar case are the articulated steam locomotives. On the original the rear frame is always rigid, in model you have to make both turnable.

On the model, the rear frame of the articulated locomotive is rigid too - at least in TT scale.
(see the HP Products section for pictures). I have to admit, that I have not measured my Challenger in the curve. Maybe the front of the boiler runs out of the NEM profile.
Please note, that the Croatian forum is about H0 scale model.
j p

Postby krokodil » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:47 pm

j p wrote:
krokodil wrote:You have to make always such compromisses on similar models. That is the reason, why you do not see often so long models. Similar case are the articulated steam locomotives. On the original the rear frame is always rigid, in model you have to make both turnable.

On the model, the rear frame of the articulated locomotive is rigid too - at least in TT scale.

That is not a very good practice ( I built myself 4 articulated steam locomotives in TT and in H0.). For correct motion on model rails ( and curves) with rigid frame you are getting very strange ( very unrealistic) positions, the front of the boyler will easily hit the profile on the neighbore track. ( not to mention the tunel etc. portals on curved track sections.).
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby j p » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:15 pm

krokodil wrote:
j p wrote:

That is not a very good practice ( I built myself 4 articulated steam locomotives in TT and in H0.). For correct motion on model rails ( and curves) with rigid frame you are getting very strange ( very unrealistic) positions, the front of the boyler will easily hit the profile on the neighbore track. ( not to mention the tunel etc. portals on curved track sections.).

It runs fine for me. It depends on the radii you use. It makes exactly the same strange motion as the real locomotive.
You know, Tillig's EW1 turnouts are not allowed on my layout. That is why the Challenger should not run on streetcar radii. But the Zagrebtrans car can do that.
j p

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models