Yugoslavia - Jugoslovenske Železnice

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Re: Yugoslavia - Jugoslovenske Železnice

Postby LVG1 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:18 pm

They are GOŠA built sleepers.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Marquette » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 am

LVG1 wrote:
Marquette wrote:ABlm - Eurofima type

Alm - Eurofima type

Alm - Eurofima type

BReelmt - Eurofima type

Eurofima cars have sliding doors. These cars have folding doors. So they are not Eurofima cars. They are probably X-type or Z-type cars.

Just a minor nitpick/clarification. I didn't say they are Eurofima cars, did I... with "Eurofima type" I mean "Eurofima-like". Had I wanted to say they *are* Eurofima cars, I would have not included the "type".
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby LVG1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:04 pm

So this detail got lost in the translation.

In German we use the term "Typ" only to describe the exact design of something.
And the design of those cars has not more in common with Eurofima cars than any other car of the same era. The standard length (which have almost all European cars of the 1980's) and the ribbed roof are rather minor similarities.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

Postby LVG1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Marquette wrote:The divisions each had their own cars (passenger and freight) and each had their own unique paint schemes for passenger cars. The only scheme common to all the divisions was plain green...

I'm very interested in passenger transportation and would really like to get to know more about Yugoslavian liveries.
Can you recommend a particular book or website informing about them in detail?
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

Postby Marquette » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Oddly enough I don't know of any books or websites that deal with what livery belonged to what ZTP/ZTO (= division). There was a thread on one of the forums, but I can't remember which (Male Zeljeznice or RailSerbia).

Overall green was common to all divisions, of course...

If you look at the first page of this thread, and look at the posted photos, I can tell you this:

Green/white - ZTP Zagreb (though *may* be ZTP Beograd, but I don't think so)
yellow/orange/red - ZTP Beograd
white/red/white/red - ZTP Beograd
white/grey/red/grey - ZTP Beograd
three-tone grey - ZTP Beograd (but by then there was only ZTP Beograd and ZTP Podgorica in "Little Yugoslavia")
three-tone-blue/white - ZTP Beograd

Overall blue sleepers were common to all divisions

green/yellow/orange/red - ZTP Beograd (and ZTO Skopje)
light blue/dark blue - ZTP Beograd
orange/white/red - ZTP Beograd
overall grey/blue stripe - ZTP Zagreb

Scroll down past the freight cars to the next passenger car - dark blue with light blue and white striping - is ZTP Zagreb.

The one below that, black & white photo - the "Bosna Ekspres" car on the left was red and white, the car on the right was light grey overall with blue-white-red stripes near the bottom (Yugoslav flag colours) - these were both ZTO Sarajevo.

As far as I know, cars belonging to ZTO Novi Sad and ZTO Pristina (while they existed) used the same liveries as ZTP Beograd.

There were many more colour schemes too; a good way to get a rough idea is to look at photos from the mid/late 1990s and early 2000s - SZ cars will be carrying schemes used by ZG Ljubljana, HZ cars will have ZTP Zagreb schemes, JZ cars will have ZTP Beograd and ZTO Titograd/Podgorica schemes, Z(F)BH and ZRS cars (the ones that were ex-JZ, anyways) will have ZTO Sarajevo schemes, and MZ cars will have ZTO Skopje schemes.
Marquette

Postby LVG1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Thank you very much! :smile:

Marquette wrote:There were many more colour schemes too; a good way to get a rough idea is to look at photos from the mid/late 1990s and early 2000s - SZ cars will be carrying schemes used by ZG Ljubljana, HZ cars will have ZTP Zagreb schemes, JZ cars will have ZTP Beograd and ZTO Titograd/Podgorica schemes, Z(F)BH and ZRS cars (the ones that were ex-JZ, anyways) will have ZTO Sarajevo schemes, and MZ cars will have ZTO Skopje schemes.

I already tried to find pictures. The problem is: I don't know which are the liveries of Yugoslav times and which liveries came to be only after the separation. :problem:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

Postby Marquette » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:10 pm

A decent rule of thumb: the closer the photo date is to 1990, the more likely it's a JZ livery. But if you find some you want to post/link, I can look and tell you... I don't really have the desire to make a full guide...
Marquette

Postby LVG1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 am

Searching for Yugoslavian liveries, I found following Czech website about passenger cars:
http://www.vagonweb.cz/popisy/

It's very interesting and shows liveries currently used in former Yugoslavia and other countries.
Unfortunately, it doesn't include former liveries and does also not say anything about the introduction time of the various liveries.

The following image was taken in Kosovo but shows a car in current Macedonian livery.
I found images of Montenegrin cars with the same livery. This could be a hint that it was introduced in Yugoslav times. But on the other hand these cars could have been sold from Macedonia to Montenegro. So I'm not sure. Do you know more?

By the way:
The mentioned website can be an excellent help when trying to figure out which type of car (design and manufacturer) is shown on a photo.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
LVG1

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 pm

11081.jpg
I found a rare photo of a postal car. I think it could be build from an actual model or kitbashed
Christtking

Previous

Return to Prototypes by Country