Youtube TT layout video

Post your photos and video links here

Last Youtube video of 2010 !

Postby gabbysuz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Hope everyone has a nice new year's eve TT party ! :dance:
My last video of the year, featuring my 2 favorite TT models in my collection, being
the first 2 locos I ever had in TT, dating back to 1995, both electrics were purchased
in a 'real' hobby shop (not digital !) in Prague.

gabbysuz

Re: Youtube TT layout video

Postby CSD » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:08 am

Happy New Year to you too, Buddy! What railroad are those blue/white coaches for?
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ArturSch » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:25 pm

CSD wrote: What railroad are those blue/white coaches for?
FS:
:arrow: 13500,
:arrow: 13501,
:arrow: 13502.
:smile:
ArturSch

Postby CSD » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:14 pm

^^^ Thanks!
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby JBr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:46 am

Last week I bought Roco 754.028 in a local model shop while visiting my parents for the weekend. Out of the sheer happiness that I finally have a Brejlovec that is not made out of the resin mold, I took my old unfinished local line station segment (http://vlacky.brozek.org/index.php?typ=txt&id=6), added few track pieces (leftovers from other projects) to form an oval and in the end made this short video...

The theme is an express train passing by a local freight train (I couldn't find the right english name for it, maybe you can help - see the note bellow ). The main star of course is the 754.028 with three DR Reko cars painted in CD colors (I believed I wouldn't need any real Y CD cars when I started with model railroading few years back :)), co-stars are unmarked 742 class diesel (my first unfinished try on building my own loco - hence the looks :)) with various freight cars and Rubikon 810 with a home made Btax car (out of the LPH kit). All the buildings are hand made by me.

It isn't the best video in the world, but it was fun making it... :)

Note: The train type in question is called "manipulacni vlak" in Czech, "manipulation train" in English if I translate it literally. It is a freight train that isn't going straight from place A to place B, but instead it takes cars from one point and services all the stations along a route. Usually these trains deliver unloaded cars and gather loaded cars from stations around main railroad nodes and take them to the node. Cars are then put into direct freight trains going from one node to another (in the right direction :)) and then distributed from the node to surrounding local station, again using manipulation trains.
XpressnetLib - .NET class library for DCC model railroad control
JBr

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:57 am

I like it :thumbup:

I particularly like your work on the buildings / houses.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:41 pm

JBr: The term you are looking for is a local or way freight. I always like seeing Czech layouts. Are you going to be investing in some of those Kuehn CD Y-wagons? Looks like they are even going to be making the baggage/2nd class combine.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby JBr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 pm

CSD wrote:JBr: Are you going to be investing in some of those Kuehn CD Y-wagons? Looks like they are even going to be making the baggage/2nd class combine.

1st class Y-wagon is on the way and should be in my mail any day now (maybe even tomorrow :)). Unfortunately 2nd class won't be released before summer and baggage/2nd class before Christmas :( But I've pre-ordered 2 2nds and 2 mixes and in combination with the 1st class, 2 double-decker Bmto wagons and the Tillig's new Y in CD corporate colors, I should have enough wagons for all the planned passenger trains on my new layout.
JBr

Postby Arseny » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:44 pm

JBr wrote:It isn't the best video in the world, but it was fun making it... :)

Very nice "manual" turnout. Is it a ready-to use model or not?
Arseny

Postby JBr » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:27 am

Arseny wrote:Very nice "manual" turnout. Is it a ready-to use model or not?

If you mean the turnout signal, then it is ready-to-use addon made by Mr. Berka - http://berka.vyrobce.cz/index.htm (Czech/German site only). They look quite good, but the signal costs almost as much as the turnout itself so it can be quite expensive if there are many turnouts on your layout. For this reason I'm currently using only static signals built from photo-etched kit by Hekttor.
JBr

PreviousNext

Return to Photos / Videos