World Cup 2010 venting

Talk about anything and everything!

World Cup 2010 venting

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:16 pm

The US should have won 3 - 2. Thanks to the moron ref, the third goal didn't count. We now have to pray for England to loose which is highly unlikely. I'm pissed.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: World Cup 2010 venting

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:31 pm

Goes both ways. If it were not for a Canadian girlfriend dumping England goalie, US could have lost that game 0-1 :wink:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah but that's very different. The ref is supposed to insure that the rules are followed. Girlfriends insure... well, they insure different things at any moment so I guess I don't know :))))
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Honestly I'm rooting for Argentina to win the whole thing - I'm a HUGE fan of Mr. "Hand of God". But I do want the US to go deep in the tourney.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:40 pm

ConducTTor wrote:The US should have won 3 - 2. Thanks to the moron ref, the third goal didn't count. We now have to pray for England to loose which is highly unlikely. I'm pissed.

Well, there's always H-Bombs...
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Marquette » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:50 pm

At the risk of getting yelled at... I'm frustrated by the US-Slovenia result, too. Slovenia should *never* have allowed the US to get so close. That said, I didn't see the game, I was at work.

I *was* however, awake at 4:30 am to watch my Serbian cousins beat Germany, and THAT had me on cloud 9 all day long!!!

VERY impressed by North Korea, they've totally caught my attention now, and they're now officially my #3 team after Slovakia and Serbia. If they play against Portugal as they did against Brazil, I expect DPRK to avenge their 1966 loss to Portugal. I will not at all be surprised now if DPRK advances to the next round.

I LOLed when the US drew England, and I'm LOLing even more that they could only manage a draw against Algeria. Now I hope Slovenia can beat them, or at least manage a draw. Seems that if USA-ALG ends 0:0 and ENG-SLV ends 2:2, there'll have to be a lottery to determine who advances...
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Well, the US played like complete Haggis in the first half (hence Slovenia leading 2 - 0). But, all 3 of their 2nd half goals where genuine and should have counted.

North Korea is a big guess. Due to their general secrecy no one really knows anything about the team.

Germany's loss was huge surprise (as was Spain's).
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I watched DPRK-Brazil. Through the first half, the Brazilians were genuinely trying and genuinely couldn't solve the DPRK defense. The 1:0 goal was insane... I still have no idea how it went in. The 2:0 goal was honestly very nice and deserved, as was DPRK's goal.

If the performance of Portugal and Ivory Coast against each other is an indicator, then DPRK have a serious chance at beating both of them.

I woke up at 4:30, having publically expected Serbia to win (as in, that's what I told everyone, since I've always pulled for Serbia/Yugoslavia...), but in my secret heart I expected them to lose. I'm glad my secret heart was wrong!

Spain losing floored me, though.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:45 pm

I really am not rooting for any particular team, as I know little of how each stacks up, although, I doubt many here in the USA really give a crap about Soccer unless the US team wins.

The most irritating thing about the games I watched today is those annoying plastic horns.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:03 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:The most irritating thing about the games I watched today is those annoying plastic horns.

Haha! Everyone says that. I kind of like them.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off Topic