White toner for laser printers

White toner for laser printers

Postby areibel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Maybe some good news for the decal printing folks-
http://www.ghost-white-toner.com/?lang=en

it uses the same idea as the old ALPS printers, you replace the black toner cartridge with a white one. It's a German company, has anyone over there heard about how well it works?
areibel

Re: White toner for laser printers

Postby Rob M » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Always been curious how this works. Say you want to print something dark red. With regular printing the printer will use black & red to get the correct color. But if you switch the black cartridge to white doesn't that mean that dark red will now be a mix of white & red, making it light red?
Rob M

Postby railtwister » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:21 am

Rob M wrote:Always been curious how this works. Say you want to print something dark red. With regular printing the printer will use black & red to get the correct color. But if you switch the black cartridge to white doesn't that mean that dark red will now be a mix of white & red, making it light red?

I don't think this is so much for using in a color printer as it is for printing white only prints, although I'm not sure. It does say that it is possible to print tactile texture and also transfers (presumably rub-on type). Sounds interesting...

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby krokodil » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:29 am

I saw this printer last year on an exhibition. This is a regular printer for colour printing, but when you want to print white you have to remove the black cartrige, ie after that you can print white, blue, yellow and cyan colours. (If you do not change your design the dark red will be light red). The standard mixture of those colors (photoprint) does not work with white cartrige, this means if you need black and white print on, let us say, green surface, the black will be a not very realistic mixture of blue,yellow and cyan or you need to print in two steps. With a black cartrige the black letters, than replace a cartrige to white and print again with the white toner. The decals on decal paper were perfect.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Bernd » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Remember to that the dots per inch need to be high, like 1200DPI or more.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby krokodil » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:21 am

They used photoprinting setting what is over 1200 dpi. As I saw the printed decals they were acceptable in quality ( letters smaller than a millimeter could be read).
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Bernd » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:08 am

krokodil wrote:They used photoprinting setting what is over 1200 dpi. As I saw the printed decals they were acceptable in quality ( letters smaller than a millimeter could be read).

:thumbup:
Bernd

Return to General Discussion