Which 50ft boxcar?

Re: Which 50ft boxcar?

Postby MacG » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:46 am

I count 36 models of Gold Coast Steel freight cars. How many models of each type were made, knows only Felix. The founder of the Gold Coast Railway Co. I estimate 50 to 200 cars.

A partially flat kit is better for the different sides (type and number of doors).
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby rdikken » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:12 am

A kit will consist of a house, bottom, truck and wheels. It will not be a flat kit with doors, sides, roof, etc. That is is a fact.

Back to the CG box car quantities. Bill Dixon mentioned 44 RTR box cars and 8 to assemble pre-printed kits. In total 52 box cars. If the minimal production quantity was 50 pcs. Than the total production quantity was around 2600 till 3000 pcs. (There are also some black undecorated kits.)

If the PS1 box car has more details in more variants than the Gold Coast cars we may expect the same sales quantity in 10 years.

Is that a correct assumption?
rdikken

Postby Taxari » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:18 am

If we get one or two new locomotives, you maybe will sell your batch. If not, no chance.
Taxari

Postby MacG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:23 am

Taxari wrote:If we get one or two new locomotives, you maybe will sell your batch. If not, no chance.

This is a statement that I have to agree in part. Because currently, I would like to have a few boxcars of the 60s more.

@rdikken: I don't believe that. There are only 36 steel boxcars with the 8 pre-printed kits. More than that were wooden boxcars. The sum of all models from GC (US) is 52. Here is the list. You can't conclude from the numbers of selling wooden boxcars on the sales of more modern cars. The amounts of un-decorated kits are unknown to me. Without these, I come to 1800 pieces. The assumed 2000 pcs is a fitting estimate. Also when currently not all RTR-models are sold out.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Previous

Return to General Discussion