"Where the Hell is Zeke Now?"

Talk about anything and everything!

Re: "Where the Hell is Zeke Now?"

Postby BTTB Fan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 pm

You should be able to resize your images to, say 800x600 or 640x480 pixel size with pretty much any image editing software. This should bring them under the 512KB limit. Alternatively, you can upload the images to one of the free image hosting sites (e.g., Photobucket) and insert images using the "img" tag from the toolbar.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:40 pm

I do have an account with Photobucket that I used for posting images of my 8 3/4" railroad on the forums on Trains.com

I have to be a little careful with those now, after my wife and a few of her friends off loaded the majority of the 1/4 mile of track that we have, and decided to goof off.

After posting the link to the uploaded photos, it seems that pictures of my wife and her friends showing off their "grade crossing signals" had made it onto photobucket.

I felt stupid about that.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby TTSMR » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:02 am

And people think I am strange for carrying around a small teddy bear to get photographed with in my travels!

(Wasnt my idea tho...girl friend snuck it into my suit case!)

Cool idea!
TTSMR

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:07 am

The idea for carrying around an engine goes back to my first deployment on the USS Annapolis, when my wife stuck a N scale loco in a case in my sea bag. Since then I carried a locomotive of some scale on each underway. On land, I would often carry a model locomotive with me when we traveled to railroad attractions. In particular, a Marx New Haven E8 (O-27) locomotive would be taken with to any place that had a New Haven locomotive there, and pictures would be taken of the full sized engine, with the Marx E8.
When I got into TT scale, and got Zeke, I began taking Zeke with me places, and since a lot of the stops on my last vacation were rail museums, this created the chance to show TT scale to people who may have never even heard of it.

The turntable operator at the Transportation Museum of North Carolina, in Spence, NC got a kick out of Zeke "riding" the turntable there.

I really need to get of my medicated Haggis and get the rest of the photos of Zeke at the other museums on here.
AstroGoat760

Postby jmass » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 pm

hey sailor, do you get a lot of questions about tt scale when you show zeke, and whats the general feedback?
jmass

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:22 pm

In general, I get remarks and questions like:
"I used to know someone who ran TT scale decades back."
"I used to run TT scale back in the day."
"I never even heard of TT scale."
"How old is TT scale."
"Where did TT scale come from."
"Who the hell are you, and what do you stagger around like you are drunk?"

I try to answer each question as best as I can, sometimes people have more questions, others I am not so sure about.

I really liked the enthusiasm that I encountered when I went to the NMRA headquarters in Chattanooga, TN. They thought that it was neat that I was a "walking billboard for TT scale, and why connecticut should be taken out."

I even carried with a TT scale passenger set by Zeuke that I setup and let the questions and comments come in.
Not as many as when I set up a N scale train set up in the Cafe car of an Amtrak regional train, but still quite a few.

And the answer to the last question is "Angry Sailor, and I am on so many painkillers I have a hard time seeing straight."
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Dude, I'm starting to get jealous of all your rail travels.....
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Whenever we take a trip of any distance, we check several different resources to see if there are any railroad destinations along the route, or if the route could be altered to include a "rail stop" without a major amount of mileage.

The trip from connecticut to Georgia was planned to accomplish 3 goals: 1.) Get the hell out of connecticut as fast as possible. 2.) Avoid the New Jersey as much as possible (I do not trust anyplace that does not allow you to pump your own gas, I had a problem with a gas station off of the turnpike try to charge me for 15 gallons of gas in a car that only carried 10 gallons, 4 ounces from bone dry to overfilled). 3.) See as many railroad destinations as possible.

There are several nice railroad destinations around here in connecticut, the problem being, you are in connecticut. Bad weather, bad drivers, horrendous expenses are all yours, as much as you can handle, once you step foot in the Constipation State. (For example, the gasoline tax here is on a sliding scale. The higher the pre-tax cost of a gallon of gas, the higher the tax percentage is, basically a double whammy.) The air is so bad here, that my son and my wife's allergies had cleared while we were out of state for about 3 days, when we got a few miles into the state, both were sneezing feircely.

Lesson learned: TT scale: good, Railfanning: good, connecticut: too evil to be Hell.
AstroGoat760

Postby jmass » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:10 pm

as a truckdriver from jersey, i have no love for conneticut either. DOT just loves handing out tickets in that state, and the weighstations are allways open.the regular folks seem nice though.
jmass

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Spend enough time in connecticut, and you will find that the "regular people" are outright mean. So far in the 4 years that we have been exiled here, I have been involved in 3 hit and run accidents (one while parked, one were the F-150 got sideswiped and rammed into a tree, and getting hit by a SUV while I was on a bicycle), and my wife was involved in one by herself, where our neighbor (a civilian) rammed her truck, bending the front axle (on a 2000 F-150 4x4, that should say how much force was involved) when she was 7 months pregnant.

The neighbor only looked his car over, claimed that there was no damage. My wife was in so much pain, she was unable to respond, or to even get out of the truck. The police refused to file a report. When my wife started to have severe pain in her abdomen, she was taken to the hospital in New London, ct to be looked at. The staff there refused to let me in with Nicholle, and told me that I had no right to even ask, as Nicholle was in the "Women's Ward" to have Terry looked at and monitored. I asked the nurse if there was a "Men's Ward", and she said that men do not need their own ward, and that I was a sexist pig for asking.

The locals hate the military, and often show it. The local cops will often wait outside the base gates, and nail only those with DOD Decals. When there are public events held on the base (a bad idea I think), many local civilians will bring drugs/bombs/guns/etc, simply because the local cops and media will not allow base security to search, much less apprehend civilians.

To say that I have nothing but a pure hatred for connecticut is an understatement. I had to deal with the connecticut Dept. of Children and Families because my wife and her friends had an agreement that when one was at work, the others would watch each other's children. According to the state of connecticut, that is illegal. "You have to be state certified to be able to babysit." To top that off, the state of ct will not allow military spouses to get certified, as they do not meet "residency requirements". So you have to pay out the Haggis for one of the local retards to watch your children, and pay for them to go on vacation and for holidays, when they are not watching your children, so you have to call out of work to stay legal.

There used to be a Navy run daycare on base, but the locals, and state congressman Joe Courtney had it shut down, as the locals wanted more money.

I could go on for days and weeks about how connecticut sucks, and has caused myself, my wife, and my friends a lot of grief.

In short, two words: F_CK connecticut!
AstroGoat760

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic