What do you think?

Board rules and such. Read before posting.

Re: What do you think?

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:31 am

Hey if it keeps a postal worker from going postal, it may not be so bad!
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby BTTB Fan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:13 pm

ThreadDirection_small.jpg
ThreadDirection_small.jpg (6.93 KiB) Viewed 467 times

:mrgreen:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:34 am

@ BTTB

Yes sir!

@ everyone

It appears that you are all happy with the general direction and things going on here. Except for the one thing which this website can not provide - more US models.

So, Gold Coast has new wagons out this year and we're all waiting on the locos from Norkin and the TT Scale Society.

I have a topic somewhere about getting a wagon drawn up in CAD and getting a quote from some rapid prototyping companies. That's been on the back burner for a long time but I'm bumping it up on the list of priorities. I have decided on the wagon and went out today and bought said wagon in "another" scale to help with dimensions, details, etc., for the CAD version. 'Nuff said for now.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Which wagon? If you need, I can look through my materials to see if I have anything, if the car in question was first built before 1960...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ctxmf74 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:04 pm

ConducTTor wrote:@ BTTB

I have a topic somewhere about getting a wagon drawn up in CAD and getting a quote from some rapid prototyping companies.

Haha, We need freight cars instead of wagons unless we are modeling pre 1900 era. Some trucks would be useful though..dave
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Well it's a freight car. I call them all wagons (freight wagons / passenger wagons). It's a 52' Mill Gondola. It will require new trucks as well. I've never done anything in the manufacturing world and my CAD skill are rusty to say the least but I'll give it a go and see if anything hatches.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ctxmf74 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:25 pm

ConducTTor wrote: It's a 52' Mill Gondola. It will require new trucks as well. I've never done anything in the manufacturing world and my CAD skill are rusty to say the least but I'll give it a go and see if anything hatches.

What's the process to come out with a finished car or a car kit? Draft the plans,build a sample, then how do you get the production cars or kit parts built?.....dave
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:20 pm

ctxmf74 wrote:What's the process to come out with a finished car or a car kit? Draft the plans,build a sample, then how do you get the production cars or kit parts built?.....dave

Well, that all remains to be seen. The first step is to create the CAD files. Once they're done, send them out for quotes. Everything from then on depends on the prices. I'm not sure about RTR - it would be much cheaper to leave assembly to the end user so most likely it would be kit form.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to About The Board