8%
Russian
12%
Anything
8%

Total votes : 50

Re: What do you buy?

Postby railtwister » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 am

What, no British option? In the past, I've bought a few European pieces because they were available at a cheap price, but I have little idea what country or epoch they represent. Any future purchases will be determined by the availability (and quality) of American prototype TT.

Bill in FL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 am

Sorry...never considered the British stuff as TT.....feel free to slap me :shock:
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby richardedmonds » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Sorry...never considered the British stuff as TT.....feel free to slap me :shock:

No slaps Alex although I also like British outline stuff we are really talking a different scale are we not. So the poll is probably correct in that respect. I am aware of only a couple of 1:120 kits in usable British outline and that is I think from Worsley works. However it could work though the influence of the Euro sector is now very evident on British Railways and more modern European varieties of what Tillig produce are widely seen in real life here. So in the near future you might have to re-visit the poll.
richardedmonds

Postby TTTerrific » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:37 am

I want to recreate a small portion of the Southern Pacific RR (in TT) circa 1920-1930. That's why I voted American only, no matter how difficult to obtain parts, etc.. Actually, I'm a glutton for punishment, so I have to scratchbuild everything, just about. But, I'm having fun--I think. :?
TTTerrific

Previous

Return to General Discussion