What do we have on the way?

What do we have on the way?

Postby BTTB Fan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:19 pm

The idea for this thread is borrowed from a multi-tool forum. Post here what locomotives, rolling stock, or other TT pieces you are waiting for to arrive.

As a New Year's present to myself, I just placed my first order with Modellbahnwelt this morning, picking up a number of locomotives to cover some gaps in my collection. Here is what I am getting:

- Kuehn 32120 Diesellok ER20 "Herkules" MLRC - my first Herkules and my first Kuehn model.
- Tillig 96146 Diesel locomotive class v60 - my first V60, was on sale as a discontinued model.
- Roco 36230 Diesellok BR 120 der DR - my first BR120, my only second Roco model.

Can't wait for these to arrive!

So, what are YOU getting?
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Re: What do we have on the way?

Postby CSD » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Good choices! That V60 has always been a good model. Have you seen the new one with the different roof and doors? You are going to love that 120 as well.

Personally the wait for the Tillig T435 continues. The BR107 is in stores, but the Tillig site continues to list this one as "in planning". I also have on order the Schirmer 365.4, some special release CSD high capacity hoppers and a couple of START V100's to gut for other projects.
3020.jpg
3020.jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 634 times
10281_21.jpg

I have never dealt with this gentleman before and he has never shipped to Canada, so some logistic problems have delayed the process.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:15 pm

I guess my upcoming fleet additions are a bit different. Everything I am looking to add over the next few months is North American prototype, either whole, kit, or components.

Among buying some rolling stock from TTSMR, I am going to add a second Possum Valley 25T to the fleet, and if my understanding is correct, the PVM power chassis for my Lionel 1:120 Chessie System GP9 should be ready soon.

That and a bulk purchase of roof stock and misc parts from Coastal Engineering should be on it's way.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby BTTB Fan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:19 pm

CSD wrote: That V60 has always been a good model. Have you seen the new one with the different roof and doors?

The detailing on the new BR106 looks very nice, but it is literally double the price of the V60, so I went for the old one for now.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 pm

I have a BR218 in Trans Europe Express paint and two IC wagons coming. I'm very excited as the two IC wagons will complete my Inter City express (for a total of 5 wagons) and the 218 will be my fourth - I really like the 218s and they can be had new or close to new for very reasonable prices on ebay.

The BR218 - not the best pic

And an IC wagon

My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:46 am

@ BTTB

I don't know about the V60/106 - never had one - but you should be VERY happy with the other two purchases.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, I have to pick the parcel up at the post office today... but it's from Gold Coast - a bunch of trucks and brake detail parts for freight car scratchbuilds, and a CN 37 AAR box car.

Sent off order requests for a bunch of CP and CN decals from Black Cat.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 pm

My order of parts from Gold Coast came in. It seems that the owner was tired of having some of the parts that he threw in, but like I told him, I will put the parts together over time.

14 sections of roof stock, for the standard length HP type box/stock/refrigerator car, each roof stock section is enough for 3 cars, enough to make 42 standard length HP-type roofs, which would push my North American prototype rolling stock fleet well past the "century" (100) mark. (Already sitting at around 80-90 cars.)

There are 8 pairs of boxcar sides, some single door, some double door, and 4 sets of car ends. And a bunch of brake handwheels and brake gear. One of the pairs of boxcar sides is already stamp-decal-ed for Canadian Pacific. The inside portion of the sides of those and some other of the sides are embossed with the "Star-Lines" name, leading me to believe that some of the order is old Star-Line Models stock.

Interestingly enough, the Star-Line Models parts match up almost perfectly with the new Gold Coast boxcar that I have, main difference being that the ladders are cast in place on the Gold Coast boxcar, while there are holes for mounting a metal ladder to the Star-Lines parts, and that the rivets on the Gold Coast car are A LOT smaller than the Star Lines parts, which means that I should easily be able to use Gold Coast parts to complete the cars, if I so desire.

Most importantly, a TT scale ruler, reference scale, and a NMRA wheel gauge top off the order, which will make better scale models possible, as scale measurements can be had, vice "shooting from the hip".

ImageImageImage

Here is a close up of the CP car sides:
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Marquette » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Oh wow do I ever want those CP sides... *jealous* Nice catch. :)
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:20 pm

TTQuebec, welcome to board! It appears Gold Coast are moving some inventory this time of year - good for them!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Prototypes / Models