Western Rails train show Vancouver 20 March 2011

Re: Western Rails train show Vancouver 20 March 2011

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Feel free to use anything I've posted. Also for videos, you may find something useful on my Youtube page here http://www.youtube.com/user/TTNutDotCom
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:13 pm

The table we were given for the Vancouver train show turned out to belong to someone else, so we were set up at the last minute right at the entrance to the show. Our exhibit was still modest but better than before, and we were almost the first thing people saw when they entered the show. We received a lot of attention all day long. Marquette (Frank) brought his N. American models, CSD (Mark) brought his latest European stuff and a couple quickie modules he put together for the show. I brought my humble BTTB starter set oval of track and a couple sets of passenger wagons. Marquette had his latest CAD project displayed on his laptop, while my laptop was set to run a slide show of pictures from the TT Nut site. Unfortunately the linux on my laptop proved very poor for videos so I had to stick with the slideshow only.

Bill Dixon gave us printouts of his ideas for TT Trak and we had them displayed on the table, too. We had brief discussions with him about TT Trak and availability of Tillig track, but Bill was also busy with his own exhibit, so we didn't have an intense conference or anything like that.

The show was very well attended and the energy and enthusiasm was great, especially from the children. Just having various trains running around the simple oval drew the kids like a magnet. Mark's fine models powered up on his mini-module showed the high standards of the new products available. After a late night (supermoon), early early start, and long day, I don't have the wits left to write a proper report, so please make allowances.. It was great to see Frank and Mark again. I hope they can add something about our experiences for the day. We're hoping to come back in November with more and better.
Attachments
DSC01509R.JPG
TnT
DSC01511R.JPG
MarqueTTe model
DSC01513R.JPG
DSC01514R.JPG
DSC01519R.JPG
Mark's modules
dileTTante

Postby dileTTante » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

More photos from Vancouver train show---
Attachments
DSC01522R.JPG
Future TT nuts?
DSC01524R.JPG
Mark's module
DSC01525R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Super awesome!!!! You guys kick Haggis. Thanks for the pics :) Took my nephew to a show here in ATL on Satrurday - I wish we had run into the above table.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CSD » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:23 pm

A few more pictures...
IMG_0043.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:32 pm

I love the mix of countries represented in the models as well as the mix of RTR and kit/custom models. Also as mentioned in another thread, the foam "modules" are pure genius as far simplicity and function go.

:thumbup:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 pm

As mentioned in another thread, I said the modules were half meter long but obviously that's not correct.
dileTTante

Postby CSD » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm glad that you guys are so taken with the styro-mods. They are about 6" by 24". Track spacing from rail centers is 43 mm. There is a problem which can and did manifest itself when I was constructing them. Version 1 was a full 12" deep and featured a small engine house, however; in the interest of creating something fast I took a short cut and did not reenforce the styro which, once the paper towel and glue landform dried, turned into U-shapes. One has to be careful what is used to make them so the base does not warp. Version 2 above is the result of two days of panic work. Spacing and curves were not considered for construction, I just slapped together some scrap parts. It was pretty rewarding though.
Mark
//S
CSD

Previous

Return to General Discussion