Wesa UP Turbine

Wesa UP Turbine

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi folks I just found this Euro page and thought some of you would like to see this
Wesa UP Turbine.jpg
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Interesting looking, but is does seem to be more "tinplate" than model. Nonetheless, it would likely command a high price tag if sold.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3749
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby Marquette » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Wesa had a considerable range of items, though I'm not sure the scale - I think it was 1:100. I also have never seen any in person; I suspect all their items would fetch a considerable sum.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
User avatar
Marquette
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:09 pm

I am not into TT to make any money for collectible value. To me the set is priceless but then I know how it got from 13.5mm gauge to 12mm gauge back in the first place. It is around 1:100 scale but is definitly not a toy this is a very sound early attemp at real scale railway modelling in TT scale at around 1:100 as opposed to 1:120.
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:36 pm

richardedmonds wrote:I am not into TT to make any money for collectible value. To me the set is priceless but then I know how it got from 13.5mm gauge to 12mm gauge back in the first place. It is around 1:100 scale but is definitly not a toy this is a very sound early attemp at real scale railway modelling in TT scale at around 1:100 as opposed to 1:120.


Wesa did some models from 1945 in 1:110, and in 1950 changed to 1:100.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3749
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby richardedmonds » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:02 am

Hey Angry where did you get info on Wesa?? the dates would correspond to some other information I got when I bought that loco way back in the seventies. It would also match up the other info regarding the possible German pilot who started the Wesa line probably around 1945/6. and the allied Pilot who imported the models into the UK around 1960 as 12mm gauge. Interesting stuff though, this is what TT is all about
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:40 pm

richardedmonds wrote:Hey Angry where did you get info on Wesa?? the dates would correspond to some other information I got when I bought that loco way back in the seventies. It would also match up the other info regarding the possible German pilot who started the Wesa line probably around 1945/6. and the allied Pilot who imported the models into the UK around 1960 as 12mm gauge. Interesting stuff though, this is what TT is all about


There have been a few sites that I was able to get some information about Wesa online, some of which I can't seem to find anymore.

Here is one, beware the translation is a bit hard to understand at first.
http://wesa2.com/index.html
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3749
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby richardedmonds » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks Angry I never saw that site yet even after looking, obviously not looking hard enough
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm

richardedmonds wrote:Thanks Angry I never saw that site yet even after looking, obviously not looking hard enough


It took me a bit to find that one. There were a few others that I cannot seem to find now, and I no longer have the bookmarks for those sites as that damn Compaq blew it's microprocessor brains out.

I never heard of Wesa until I got a pair of Wesa cars from ConducTTor. There are reviews of those in the Models Library.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3749
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bemidji, Minnesota, USA

Re: Wesa UP Turbine

Postby richardedmonds » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:54 am

richardedmonds wrote:Hi folks I just found this Euro page and thought some of you would like to see this
Wesa UP Turbine.jpg


Heres one here
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Next

Return to Miscellaneous European TT Scale Models

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests