Weathering

Re: Weathering

Postby Biased turkey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 am

Thank you ConducTTor , Jörg ( thanks for the links ) , AngrySailor302, Bill in FL for taking some of your valuable time to reply.
Another technique I learned is for the fading lettering ( and in my case the CPR "pacman" logo ) is to drybrush with the same color as tha base paint Polly Scale CP action red.
I wish I have some real TT scale weathered rolling stock to show, but so far I only gave the Belgian Vicinal high sided wagon ready.
In my opinion, weathering in small scales ( Z, N TT ) is difficult, specially the rust because any paint coat on such small models is several mm thick on the prototype
Jacques
Biased turkey

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:50 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:If I can find them, I have some photos of what bad weathering on TT scale equipment looks like. The last (so far) HP 0-6-0 that I bought, looks like someone rolled the thing in a mix of mud and dirt, to the point the wheels barely moved.

Here is the aforementioned loco, as an example of what NOT to do when trying to weather a loco:
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:02 pm

I've seen this before. It's not a bad weathering job. The previous owner just dropped it in a bucket of mustard by accident. Wipe it off on your hot dog and you're ready to roll.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:09 pm

ConducTTor wrote:I've seen this before. It's not a bad weathering job. The previous owner just dropped it in a bucket of mustard by accident. Wipe it off on your hot dog and you're ready to roll.

I wish. :lol:

In all seriousness the stuff is fairly thick on the running gear, and deep in the axle slots, to the point where the wheels are not free to move at all.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Biased turkey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm

ConducTTor wrote:I've seen this before. It's not a bad weathering job. The previous owner just dropped it in a bucket of mustard by accident. Wipe it off on your hot dog and you're ready to roll.

lol
Jacques
Biased turkey

Previous

Return to General Discussion