voyttek's layout

Re: voyttek's layout

Postby voyttek » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:54 am

After energizing weekend at the show in Vancouver, admiring Bjoern's guitar case layout, Bill's SW1200 sound equipped diesel engine, Terry tirelessly running his trains and Xenia looking with affection on her locomotive, I immediately went to my train room and went beck to work.
So I changed north entrance to the station, adding double slip switch as per suggestion by LGV1 and next day added 1 more double slip switch. This extends the length of the track on platform three and storage track for electric locomotive (ordered half a year ago).
Yard tracks are already equipped with Hump Yard remote turnout lever, works perfectly.
I also added shed for diesel locomotives.

Need your help: does anybody have a photo of a basic diesel refueling station?
Would be great to have a reference.
Attachments
IMG_6783.jpg
new North entrance
IMG_6785.jpg
coal resupply station and new idea of for a little town
IMG_6787.jpg
closer look of the future town
IMG_6790.jpg
diesel shop
IMG_6794.jpg
general view of service and cargo yard
Last edited by voyttek on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
voyttek

Postby Arseny » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:41 am

Nice layout, VoyTTek!
As I can see, you use Auhagen buildings. I can recognize most of them, but there is some unknown building on your layout. Did you kitbash some kit, or build it from scratch, or is it Auhagen too?..

IMG_6783s.jpg
IMG_6794s.jpg
Arseny

Postby LVG1 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:25 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It looks absolutely great!!! :thumbup:

I hope, your station tracks are long enough to satisfy your needs. :pray:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby Juup » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:50 am

Great progress :) I'm looking forward to seeing more trains on the layout, then getting a better sense of dimensions etc.

Using Tapatalk 2
Juup

Postby voyttek » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:00 am

Arseny wrote:As I can see, you use Auhagen buildings. I can recognize most of them, but there is some unknown building on your layout. Did you kitbash some kit, or build it from scratch, or is it Auhagen too?..

Yes, some buildings are Auhagen that I bought in late 70's, and now I am planning to make some adaptations ( a railway station will be converted to a school, others to a restaurant and a residential building), other buildings, like the roundhouse, I bought recently yet also added an extra bay. My favorite buildings are the ones that I built from scratch. They are based on some old photographs, my memory yet redesigned to fit the purpose and the space of my layout.
The building You pointed to I built from scratch; it is a close resemblance of twin water tank tower from Gniezno in Poland.
I built two more buildings from the same station. They are not 100% exactly like originals but close enough to be recognizable.

Juup wrote:Great progress :) I'm looking forward to seeing more trains on the layout, then getting a better sense of dimensions etc

I put some locomotives and few cars and took some new pictures so it is easier to see now.
My layout is not fully energized yet and only some of my turnouts are connected, it will take at least couple of months to finish all electrical connections, but I AM WORKING ON IT !
Attachments
IMG_6968.jpg
some of my locomotives, waiting for layout to be finished and decoders to be installed.
IMG_6974.jpg
roundhouse with edition for Tkt-3
IMG_6971.jpg
local passenger train on platform # 3
voyttek

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:20 am

I'm curious, have you looked into Polish style lights for your locomotives? I'd bet there is someone in Poland that makes them.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby voyttek » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Yes I did, now one could buy polish lanterns from:

https://www.elriwa.de/neuheiten/fischer ... iterplatte

or you could buy sets that can relatively easily be adapted to most of types of locomotives which use to run in Poland,
and are now mass produced by Tillig, Roco and other manufacturers.

Most interesting and highest quality products have been recently (last few years) designed and produced by young, smart and entrepreneurial hobbyists in Poland. You may remember I have been working on Ty-51 for sometime now. I bought it from Konrad as a laser cut-out in brass; now just awaiting final assembly. I am so happy with it, that I recently ordered two more, this time ready to run, diesel locomotives, from Konrad. They should be arriving in time for Christmas !!!
This is a link to his web page:

http://www.eaos.pl/category/czesci-tabo ... -bauteile/

I definitely plan to work on my locomotives some more, but this will be a future challenge after I finish my layout, yet before I will complete signalization system. There is still a lot of work (fun) ahead of me.
voyttek

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Cool. I look forward to the updates :thumbup:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Juup » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Happy wiring :) I am halfway through wiring my own layout ... wiring as I lay track and turnouts ... and yes this takes a LOT of time.

Do you need to do control panels still as well or are you operating points with DCC? I am using DCC for running trains, but traditional control panel approach for the turnouts.

Juup

Using Tapatalk 2
Juup

Postby Juup » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:24 pm

And nice to see some trains on the tracks - thanks :)

Using Tapatalk 2
Juup

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans