Chuck's Freight Cars

areibel

Re: Chuck's Freight Cars

Post by areibel » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:48 pm

That had to be the most frustrating build I ever did, and after all that I think it's still sitting in a box waiting for me to put the sides on to finish it. It started off badly, I messed up one of the first pairs I cut out and had to try and make replacements from the spare card stock on the ends. I'll have to admit the one you're doing looks better than the one I did!

Bigelov

Post by Bigelov » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:22 am

Wow, is that thin card or plastic? You are definitely one keen modeller!
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

TheKnighTT

Post by TheKnighTT » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:32 am

It was thin cardboard, glued with dilated white glue so the cardboard clings to the roof. And it turned out better than I expected.

Now I have to find out more about prototypes to know if I actually need to do this again. In hindsight it wasn't that bad to do. But next time I should use a proper exacto knife.
Attachments
20221114_082201.jpg

TheKnighTT

Post by TheKnighTT » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:58 am

About a year ago I received a surprise package from Al with a couple of car kits. Many thanks. I finally got around to "finishing" the first one. It would have been fairly simple, but the resin parts did not fit that well. I´m not sure if I will change the sides to wood with white metal doors, hence the rubber bands. You can see the next one up is a wood reefer in the background, the body got it´s paint job this morning.

I also have some other cars ready for decalling.
Attachments
20221116_124435.jpg

Return to “Builders' Corner”