Zeuke-TT, what's new?

AstroGoat760

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Post by AstroGoat760 »

ConducTTor wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:01 pm Rob, how many "modelers" vs "collectors" do you think there are? If the majority are "modelers" like most of us here, it may be a good idea to leave the changeable pieces unattached and leave it to the modeler to decide what they want and not worry about it. Otherwise...well, otherwise you're right to worry about it lol.
I concur with our Fearless TT Leader here.
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!
MacG

Post by MacG »

rdikken wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:00 am ... The development engineering process is started and the PS-1 has a lot of options which I hope to freeze. The first option is well known, the roof walk. Can we attach only one roof walk? I would suggest the Apex roof walk. Meaning all box cars will have an Apex roof walk or no roof walk. Can you agree with this?

The brake wheel. Also here I would suggest a fixed choice, but a bit different. I would like to provide three different brake wheels, to be attached by the user. These brake wheels would be an Ajax, Miner and Universal. All box cars are without brake wheels, you have to attached them yourself. ...
I'm with you on both of those. For the modelers among us, additional undecorated models or kits of the boxcar would be desirable.

@all: I suspect There will probably be two basic models. One with roof walkway and tall ladders and the second without roof walkway and short ladders. Maybe a combination of both is also possible because the handbrake wheel was not always moved down when the roof walkway was removed.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
rdikken

Post by rdikken »

My intention is different. I want to limit the quantity of molds that has to be made. There are 5 a 6 different roof walks, providing only one makes a huge difference in the costs. (And the investment is getting higher and higher at this moment.) A bit the same for the brake wheel. Limit the choice to three, which are always delivered, makes it a bit easier to produce. Regarding the brake wheels, I have to discuss it with engineering/production to see what is cost efficient. (In principle these will be high quality RTR cars.)

If a model has no roof walk, it will provided with no roof walk. That will be not an option. The same regarding the ladders and brake system. If there is no roof walk than the A-side will have half ladders. Is there also a low brake system, than we only have half ladders. Things are depending on the picture examples I have found.

See the Boston Maine example without a roof walk and on one side half ladders, but still a high brake system on the B-side. (This car is part of the second production batch.) This car is also a nice example regarding the trucks. It will be delivered with Barber 50 ton roller bearing trucks. (Also UP will have those trucks.) Most 40ft cars will have 50 ton friction bearing A3 trucks. The 50ft cars can also have 70 ton roller bearing or in special cases 100 ton roller bearing.

The trucks provided with the PS-1 box cars: 50 ton friction bearing A3, 50 ton roller bearing, 70 ton roller bearing and 100 ton roller bearing. The last one will be mainly used for the gondola and later on the tank car.

Ciao,
Rob
Attachments
bm76174.jpg
MacG

Post by MacG »

I hope you will also use the trucks from Ian (TiTan Models) and not invest money for new molds. I see three matches there. Double developments in TT-scale do not pay off in any case.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
RodTT

Post by RodTT »

A version with no roofwalk and no option for one is fine by me, I hate the things anyway.

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”