Zeuke-TT, what's new?

MacG

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Post by MacG »

Here is another one with the Youngstown door. Last year was also an article at Union Pacific Historical Society's "The Streamliner" Vol. 34 No. 3 (Summer 2020) about "B-50-48, B-50-50, and B-50-52: Union Pacific’s Fleet of 40-foot Boxcars with Eight-Foot Doors". But I don't have that issue. Here's a sneak peek inside.

I am already looking forward to the PS-1 UP Boxcars. Also because they differ from the Gold Coast UP Boxcars additionally by the lettering.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Thxs Mirko,
I just bought the Streamliner, you can get a copy.
Ciao,
Rob
MacG

Post by MacG »

Thanks, I may order some magazines from UPHS as well. But that's about a different model.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

I am also looking forward to the prospect of Union Pacific cars, regardless of type.
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!
rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Hi guys,

Regarding UP boxcars I can be a bit more specific and there are more versions than I first thought. In the first batch we will bring the following:

- yellow lettering on brown box car with an 8ft Standard Pullman door like car number 126296
- yellow lettering on brown box car with an 8ft Youngstown door like car number 126176
- white lettering and small shield "Overland" logo on brown box car with an 8ft Youngstown door like car number 126213, this car is without roofwalk as mentioned before
- white lettering and small shield "Overland" logo on brown box car with an 8ft Standard Pullman door like car number 126504

After this first batch we will make a serie with the bigger colored shield logo, but this is already more difficult to print. And I simply do not know when. The small serie of box cars with car number 284420 till 284439 with a roof hatch has also our attention, but first the 50ft box cars.

Murad, you can choose one of the above mentioned. But remember the car numbers can change, not the car versions.

All these UP cars will be available in max 40 pcs per car.

Rob

PS, if you want to have a copy of that Streamliner report regarding UP's 40ft boxcars, send me an pm with your email.
Richard-B

Post by Richard-B »

More reference material:

1) Pullman Standard Freight cars, 1900-1960 - Edward Kaminski
https://www.signaturepress.com/kaminski/pullman.html
PS Freight Cars 1900-1960
PS Freight Cars 1900-1960
This one has PS-1 box cars on pages 56 to 111, two or three photos per page.

2) 1950s Freight Car Color Guide Volume 1: Box Cars James Kinkaid
https://morningsunbooks.com/collections ... 1-box-cars
1950s Freight Car Colog Guide Vol1
1950s Freight Car Colog Guide Vol1
Pre-ordered this one... expected Feb. 2022.
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
rdikken

Post by rdikken »

So guys,
For the first time in two years I was on a fair in Dresden. It was intensive with some new potential customers. People are still interested in US TT, An important conclusion, when you are planning to bring something new on the market, which brings me back to the PS-1.

The development engineering process is started and the PS-1 has a lot of options which I hope to freeze. The first option is well known, the roof walk. Can we attach only one roof walk? I would suggest the Apex roof walk. Meaning all box cars will have an Apex roof walk or no roof walk. Can you agree with this?
The brake wheel. Also here I would suggest a fixed choice, but a bit different. I would like to provide three different brake wheels, to be attached by the user. These brake wheels would be an Ajax, Miner and Universal. All box cars are without brake wheels, you have to attached them yourself.

Please give me your reaction.
Rob
areibel

Post by areibel »

i think both options are fine Rob.
The Apex would be my first choice for roof walk if I use one on a particular car, i will probably do a mix of cars with and without. The one thing I would ask is make it easy to not have a roofwalk, if there is a hole for a mounting pin don't make it too big!
RodTT

Post by RodTT »

Presumably if there is a removable roof walk there also needs to be the option to fairly easily shorten the corresponding side ladder, which suggests it needs to be a separate item rather than moulded on. Also on cars without roofwalks the brakewheel was lower down and the end ladder shorter (unless it was a 'modernised' version) so maybe two alternative holes need to be provided for the brakewheel, one lower than the other.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Rob, how many "modelers" vs "collectors" do you think there are? If the majority are "modelers" like most of us here, it may be a good idea to leave the changeable pieces unattached and leave it to the modeler to decide what they want and not worry about it. Otherwise...well, otherwise you're right to worry about it lol.
:wave:

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”