Bigelov's projects

AstroGoat760

Re: Bigelov's projects

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Ooooh, that is PRETTY!
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

I've used N scale motors but haven't tried trucks or anything else.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Bigelov

Post by Bigelov »

Its been a while since I last updated my projects. I took a bit of time off from the forum, but I am still around!

SW9 Meeker Souther loco: Get some decals printed, but not all are up to scratch so will try another 'local' source.

RS1: I went ahead and purchased an Atlas N scale Alco C628 to see how that would work for the mechanism. The body fits on all right, and the bogie wheelbase is correct, so it looks like it will work. I have some spare wheelsets around the right size that I will try and modify to convert to 12mm gauge. Still on the backburner till some other projects are finished.

TiTan Model kits: I bought a bunch of kits from Ian and am part way through construction and painting. Hoppers ready for decals, while the woodchip cars still need a few things before painting.

EMD prime mover: As I have an SW9, I thought I would go and make a 3D model of the prime mover and generator for the loco. It printed really nicely, but I am not quite happy with the engine block surrounding the side inspection/access covers. I will eventually work it out, so a partial success so far :)

Narrow gauge loco shed: No real progress on this one as I have jumped between projects... Needs more paint inside and on the roofs, and then sorting out lights, interior and external details and green growing things.

And I need to finish off some N scale projects so I can focus on the right scale :)
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

MacG

Post by MacG »

I am curious about the photos of the RS1 with the Atlas N scale Alco C628 chassis. :wink:

By the way, you have made nice progress with your TT projects. :thumbup:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

The cars look really good even unfinished and lying upside down. Very interested to see what you do with the RS1.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Bigelov

Post by Bigelov »

Here's a mock up (?) of the RS1 on Atlas C628 mechanism. It's really only the two body sections sitting on top of the Atlas chassis, with the Tillig based side frames adjacent.

Looking at it, the wheelbase is correct and bogie wheelbase is right on. I previously modified an Atlas VO-1000 chassis for 10.5mm gauge, for 2mm finescale broad gauge. This was for a VR T class, a locally produced EMD export model G8.

The wheel diameter (40") should be 8.5mm, but I have some spare Peresvet 8.3mm wagon wheelsets that I will use. Muellerradsatz also has RP25 wheelsets in 8.3mm. Anyone have anything with 8.5mm wheels? If it's anything like the VO-1000, it won't be too bad modifying it. The electrical pickup will be the main issue. We will see about wobble also, with broader gauge wheelsets in a narrow gear tower. You can't see in the photo, but the body is slightly too long for the chassis, so I will have to file a bit of the ends away to make it fit. The bogies are offset on the RS1, with one end longer than the other, so will have to take that into account

I haven't attacked it yet as I want to finish the cars from Ian and the SW9 first. When I do get underway I will make the build a separate thread.
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Bigelov wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 pm
Anyone have anything with 8.5mm wheels?
There is a full list of all tt locomotives models with their wheel size, bogie center to center, and wheel spacing somewhere on tt-board. If I can find it I'll let you know.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

It USED to be this post here https://www.tt-board.de/forum/threads/t ... u-a.11544/ but the tables with all the data are gone :(

TheKnighTT

Post by TheKnighTT »

MacG

Post by MacG »

Yes! But unfortunately, not all wheels were measured.

Rad | 1:120 | TT means: real wheel diameter | in scale | at the model

What is the diameter of the wheels on the MTB Switcher? Mine are not ready to hand at the moment.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Return to “Builders' Corner”