Re: Lok-n-Roll - What's new?

Post by MacG »

Sorry my mistake, it works now. :wink:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

MacG

Post by MacG »

The etched parts are in stock.

A set of the GP38-2 is reserved for a person who isn't registered here.

Edit: The person has ordered one complete set. There remain three chassis and one casing (the new one).

MacG

Post by MacG »

Due to the currently very high international shipping costs (COVID-crisis), we are postponing the restocking of the online shop for a few weeks. Stay healthy!

MacG

Post by MacG »

After the problems with the SSL certificate, we are online again. There was also a move to another server.

The chassis for GP38 and GP9 are available again. It follows the one for the F3. Also trucks for passenger cars are in preparation. The side frames are modified ROKAL ones and cast in brass. They also have a mounting for the coupler. They come with wheelsets from Müller. Ideal for the cars of ROKAL, stock and modified. They fit probably also for the John Harmon cars.

The international shipping costs slowly fall back to a normal price but the shipping takes a long time. :(

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

There are items I want from Lok-n-Roll but when I got to the shipping rates - no way. For now I'll spend my money elsewhere. Maybe after Corona fades away the rates will drop to something reasonable.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

MacG

Post by MacG »

Hello Bill!

The shipping costs have been at 45€ for years. If I'm not mistaken, you ordered at the same shipping cost last year. If an international customer ordered at a time when prices were higher, Mike paid the additional costs.
We are currently working together with the Deutsche Post (German Postal Service) to be able to offer the shipping of smaller shipments (under 35€) at a small price again.

I also pay normally $50 or more for a package from North America.

Mirko

Marquette

Post by Marquette »

Bill - I'm planning to place another order probably next month, perhaps we could split the shipping?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

MacG wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:21 am
Hello Bill!

The shipping costs have been at 45€ for years. If I'm not mistaken, you ordered at the same shipping cost last year. If an international customer ordered at a time when prices were higher, Mike paid the additional costs.
We are currently working together with the Deutsche Post (German Postal Service) to be able to offer the shipping of smaller shipments (under 35€) at a small price again.

I also pay normally $50 or more for a package from North America.

Mirko
Buying a couple of models helps defray the postage, but if you only want one car, the charge is unreasonable. Will the Post not ship a package at a reasonable rate? I realize that right now delivery times for the Post are forever, but in normal times were they OK?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

Marquette wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:32 pm
Bill - I'm planning to place another order probably next month, perhaps we could split the shipping?
Possibly. Let me know when and I will see what I can come up with.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

MacG

Post by MacG »

It is a good idea to split the shipping costs. :thumbup: We sometimes do it also, when we order in the US.

Parcels sent with DHL are normally quite long in transit and tracking abroad is not always reliable. With FedEx it's faster at the destination and you can track it. This is necessary for shipping outside the EU without VAT. You must be able to prove to the tax office that it has arrived outside the EU.

Soon it will be possible to send shipments up to a value of 35€ by mail (Deutsche Post) again. But for this, the number of passenger flights must be almost back to normal. Because with these most of the favorable shipments are dispatched.

DHL is the parcel service provider of the Deutsche Post. The Deutsche Post is only responsible for letters.

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”