heizhausfest Chemnitz 2022

Post your photos and video links here
TiTan downunder

heizhausfest Chemnitz 2022

Post by TiTan downunder » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:35 pm

These guys have more working steam locos in one depot ( probably with a few visitors ) than we have in our entire country.
Jealous like you wouldn't believe.

Ian

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: heizhausfest Chemnitz 2022

Post by ConducTTor » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:07 am

It's all about a society's priorities. The Germans (as far as I know) traditionally are very engineering oriented so preserving old machines is common sense to them.
:wave:

MacG

Post by MacG » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:24 pm

Slowly, however, it is becoming difficult to recruit new blood for the clubs that keep the old treasures alive. The cost of coaling the steam locomotives alone for this weekend, with a consumption of about 50t, amounted to about 32,500 euros. In addition, there are fees for the train paths for the transfer of the guest locomotives and for the special trips. As seen at the beginning parallel run of both class 52 locomotives.

This year, I was also on site. So far, I have only been to the Dresden steam locomotive festivals.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

TiTan downunder

Post by TiTan downunder » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:25 am

<< with a consumption of about 50t, amounted to about 32,500 euros. >>

That's some serious money for basically one hopper car of coal.

The trains path fees, insurance, etc are what make rail tour prices here eyewatering at times. Our guys are not allowed to run a main line steam tour without a diesel bringing up the rear in case of breakdowns, although this seems to be common practice in many countries these days.

Ian

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 am

The cost to run is...well, it's expensive. Maybe it should be covered by some government "cultural heritage" fund. Yeah, I know, it would become a political shitshow because it's money. Sigh...
:wave:

Return to “Photos / Videos”