Trackside scenery

Post your photos and video links here
TiTan downunder

Trackside scenery

Post by TiTan downunder » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:35 am

while searching through a couple of web site for freight car photos I came upon this great shot.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPict ... ?id=955565

At least now I know what to do with some of my 2nd grade body castings. Could even set up a scene for a holiday camp with 6 or more cars
set in a paddock, with shade trees scattered around. Just need to cut in some windows, add a deck with railings, access stairs or ramps and maybe even a viewing platform so campers can watch the trains go by. Finally have a use for those Preiser figures with cameras.

Oh, and the caption on the photo was " do ya think this is street legal ???? " :lol: :lol:

Ian

RodTT

Re: Trackside scenery

Post by RodTT » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:00 am

As it happens I've removed the roofwalk from my ATSF boxcar and shortened the side ladders. But I can't do that to it - it would be such a waste of a good runner!

TheKnighTT

Post by TheKnighTT » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:10 am

I saw a an offer on German ebay, someone used an N scale boxcar to build a TT scale semitrailer. Now I know it wasn't a completely outlandish idea.

Bigelov

Post by Bigelov » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:39 am

What a classic photo! My Dad was once involved in transporting complete Army barracks buildings on the back of a semi-trailer. I am sure this one was road legal for the (short?) trip that it had. :thumbup:
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

Return to “Photos / Videos”