"Where the Hell is Zeke Now?"

Talk about anything and everything!
MacG

Re: "Where the Hell is Zeke Now?"

Post by MacG »

I tend more to a contemporary/modern model.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

MacG wrote:I tend more to a contemporary/modern model.
I like 'em all, but the problem is availability of contemporary TT. (At the risk of a rehash of an old discussion)
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Here is the last of the photos from North Platte, NE:
IMG_2557.JPG
IMG_2560.JPG

sacto-tt

Post by sacto-tt »

So, none of my business, but how did the job interview go? I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you.
-Joe-

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

sacto-tt wrote:So, none of my business, but how did the job interview go? I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you.
Well, the interview with BNSF went wonderfully, I got a job offer, and I started the pre-employment process, all went well, until they wanted the VA to clear me for working with BNSF.

Right now, I am between primary care doctors, as my last one in Georgia quit about 7 months ago, and the VA in Georgia said that it would be at least a year before I got a new primary care doctor, from now. So, I could not get the clearance letter by the deadline that BNSF had, so I lost the job offer.

Because the process is the same with Union Pacific, I have opted to withdraw my candidacy for the time being, until I can get a new primary care doctor who can grant me clearance to work for a railroad.

I did use the opportunity to find a short-stay apartment near Saint Cloud, MN, and I did land a rather nice job near there in Foley, MN, and right now I am in the process of getting connected with the VA in Saint Cloud, MN, so at least that part is looking up.

sacto-tt

Post by sacto-tt »

Congrats on the new job. Hopefully after the VA gets its act together you'll get that dream job.
-Joe-

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

sacto-tt wrote:Congrats on the new job. Hopefully after the VA gets its act together you'll get that dream job.
At the risk of re-hashing a "dead topic", despite a couple of years of recruiters at Union Pacific trying to find a position for me at Union Pacific, there is nothing that I can take for an operations position at UP (or BNSF or any other railroad, for that matter) due to the extent of the medical issues stemming from my stint in the US Navy that precludes me from passing a DOT physical. I just told the UP recruiters that as interested as I am in working for Union Pacific, I do not feel that wasting their time with my medical issues is efficient. BNSF also tried as well, just not as hard as UP did. At least I was able to see North Platte and Alliance, NE during my semester off from college.

The closest that I will get to running trains will be my model trains. I guess that is a good enough proxy though.
I truly am thankful that both BNSF and UP tried to find a position for me, though.

Return to “Off Topic”