Hello from England

Talk about anything and everything!
RodTT

Re: Hello from England

Post by RodTT » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:23 pm

Good luck with your new TT layout Keith - maybe you'll be the first to have a 1:120 layout in Railway Modeller!

Keith Addenbrooke

Post by Keith Addenbrooke » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:43 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement. TT 1:120 will take a while to get established in the UK, and post-Brexit trading arrangements with the European Union have complicated imports from the established Continental manufacturers, but if the “buzz” that’s been generated following Peco’s announcement can be converted into some sustainable momentum it could be great news for us all, Keith.

Marquette

Post by Marquette » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:27 pm

Welcome here, Keith! We've met at the other forum (I'm British Columbian), funny, the Peco announcement led to you coming here, and me going there... :D
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

Keith Addenbrooke

Post by Keith Addenbrooke » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:26 pm

Hi Marquette / BC, thanks for the welcome. I’m afraid I have no imagination when it comes to user names, but I guess it makes me easy to track down! While the ‘long game’ we need to play with British outline TT:120 has concerned some used to OO, I’m a slow modeller anyway, so I’m hoping it will be to my advantage - and stop me spending too fast on a new project! From the few items I’ve managed to pick up so far, TT is definitely living up to its billing as the ideal scale for modelling, so I’m excited by the opportunities that lie ahead, Keith.

Bigelov

Post by Bigelov » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:44 am

Welcome guys, TT is just a great size :thumbup: It is great to see the new British releases/works in progress.

I have a friend into 2mm Victorian Railways broad gauge (10.5mm track) and recently put together some photo etch kits he made. Just too small for me. And HO is just HUGE... TT is just right! :smile:
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

Return to “Off Topic”