Zeuke-TT, what's new?

rdikken

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Post by rdikken »

More undecorated black hoppers.

I am working on this. When I only would have an injection moulding machine in my backyard, instead of a Czech guy in Praque. :-)

Let's see. But besides that, I don't hear special hopper wishes.

Ciao,
Rob

Arseny

Post by Arseny »

I would prefer the 2-bay ones, not 3-bay

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Regarding the 2-bay hopper:

Assembling , painting and printing by a German third party was getting expensive. Also because I was committed in doing a large quantity, which is again impossible to sell against a higher price.

But there are now possibilities to provide smaller quantities with a correct livery, so also here there is progress. But you have to wait till 2020. I need some of my money back invested in the 3-bay hopper.

In other words buy more tank cars and 3-bay hoppers. Every dime I get back is invested in new projects.

Ciao,
Rob

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Just a teaser and still work in progress:
Attachments
Burlington_hoppers_2.jpg

MacG

Post by MacG »

A late time of operation, but beautiful. Why not with a black background under the weight data, like the prototype? The re-weight date has it.

CBQ 172402 at rrpicturearchives.net
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Hard to tell. Early versions do not have a black background. The artwork of Richard has not, so we will ask him. I think the answer is, it was not a normal thing to do. But again I will ask him.
Rob

MacG

Post by MacG »

For my understanding, the old weight data and the old date were painted over black. Then the current weight dates were painted on it. Black probably because there was no matching red. It is a patch. Earlier versions are running in paint schemes like built. The "CM" stands for the location where the car was weighed/tared. It is also possible that the tare dates are the same as the old. Then it would be perhaps like at your model. :wink:

If instead of "CM 9-79" there would stand the "NEW 4-51" (like at your artwork for this car), then it would be the original color scheme from the delivery/production.

The CB&Q hopper no.172402 was built in June 1962, at the CB&Q shops in Havelock, Nebraska - NEW 6-62. This information was added to the picture at rrpicturearchives.net. Possibly has Richard Brennan a better source.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Richard-B

Post by Richard-B »

MacG wrote:A late time of operation, but beautiful. Why not with a black background under the weight data, like the prototype? The re-weight date has it.
The car would have been serviced and possibly re-weighed a number of times over its life. The black 'patch-out' is typical of a re-weigh done on another railroad or at a remote location... who did not have the unusual CB&Q red paint to match... (or were just lazy!). I chose NOT to make the car livery with the 1970's date and the yellow wheel dot, as the earlier date fits into a wider modeling era.

We have come a long way in TT-scale if we are discussing as-built and re-weigh dates !!!!!!!
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...

RodTT

Post by RodTT »

The late re-weigh date would suit me fine.

j p

Post by j p »

Thank you for the comments.
The missing black patch can be fixed. It does not cost anything extra.
Earlier versions can be made too, without the patches and without the yellow dot.

- Jan

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”