Post by rdikken »

One example.
Attachments
cna794321a.jpg

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Post by ConducTTor »

rdikken wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:11 am To minimize the cost and to maximize the sales
As I see it, the above is paramount. The only way to continue offering more and more models is for the business venture to be successful. Therefore, "to minimize the cost and to maximize the sales" should be the #1 criteria.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

RodTT

Post by RodTT »

Anything without roofwalks is OK by me. (That is, if deliveries to the UK ever start again.) I haven't much of a clue about the finer details.

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Yes, it is a paramount. But sometimes you have to choose where to start. And personally I like the modern PS-1 with a 10 ft door more than one with an 8 ft door. And now we come also to the produced quantities. The 50 ft PS-1 with 8 ft door was not much produced and used by only 8 a 10 railroad companies so nobody has seen those box cars a lot. The 10 ft door box cars are sold a lot and are probably used till today making it at least recognizable. Also for younger people.

I am not saying we don't do the double door or the 9 ft door. I am saying skip the 8 ft, start with 10 ft, than the double door and than the 9 ft. In the mean time we will have per year 5 a 6 new models 40 ft and 50 ft PS-1's.

I can give you another example why the 10 ft is a good start. This one is also without roof walk, with low brake system and with cushion underframe. Isn't it a beauty?
Attachments
up490123.jpg

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Oh Rod, it will start.

MacG

Post by MacG »

I wouldn't buy everything without roof walks. It would depend on the year in which the freight car was used. It has been my experience in recent years that few collect the modern box cars.

The shown car from Union Pacific, built in 1966 and photographed in the same year, is the exception here. This one could have a market.

The situation is different for Canadian National cars. Only since 1974 at the CN-roster (before GTW), photographed in 1998 and probably painted in 1986 in this color scheme.

Regarding the greatest possible sales, one should focus on models from before 1980 or even earlier. Just my two cents.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Marquette

Post by Marquette »

Agree with MacG, 1970s or earlier. A car with a 1960 livery could well turn up in 1980, but a car from 1985 can't show up in 1975. Freight car models need to fit with motive power models, and the bulk of available locomotives are machines that were around in the 1980s and before...

That aside... well, anything Canadian that fits with the above will have appeal, there are quite a few of us after all!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

RodTT

Post by RodTT »

Roofwalks were already being phased out in the late 60s. During the 70s there were also a number of 'modernised' boxcars which had their roofwalks removed and their ladders and brakewheels lowered. So you could quite reasonably have boxcars from the late 60s onwards with no roofwalks. Having said that I can see they have minority appeal and it might make more financial sense to make models with roofwalks from earlier eras.
Anyway, I can always take the roofwalks off and re-stencil as I've done before.

Marquette

Post by Marquette »

Yeah, I've converted GC 1937 AAR cars to post 60s form, removed the running board and cut the ladders on the A end down... (ConducTTor has this model now).

Older cars can always be modified to later dates; newer ones can't often be backdated.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

You mean this one?
Attachments
ic12077.jpg

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”