Zeuke-TT, what's new?

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Post by ConducTTor »

Woo-hoo! I'm so clueless about freight cars...I can't believe I got it. :dance: :dance: :dance:
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

MacG

Post by MacG »

Congrats, Alex! :clap:

I'd prefer a Pacemaker car. :wink:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Marquette

Post by Marquette »

NYC Jade cars are a fantastic choice, regardless of your location, if you're modelling inside a certain timeframe you can use one.

At some point in the late 60s or early 70s I'm told by an observer there were even a couple in captive service between Vancouver and who knows where... (same car showing up at the same industry week in, week out... whether it was actually a formal captive service, or just a fluke, I don't know).
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

@mirko, who knows, but not the first year

One technical challenge with the NYC cars, they have a cushion underframe. We have to find a workable imitation.

Rob

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

rdikken wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 am the NYC cars, they have a cushion underframe.
I noticed that and was wondering what you guys will do. Looking forward to the solution :thumbup:
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

MacG

Post by MacG »

rdikken wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 amOne technical challenge with the NYC cars, they have a cushion underframe. ...
My approach is to take extended coupler housings. The coupler, together with the housing, thus protrudes further beyond the end wall.

For example, I want to try MTL #1019 instead of #1015. And also with the medium shank couplers #1016. Maybe these are already long enough.

NYC 175008 at the Canadian Freight Car Gallery
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Marquette

Post by Marquette »

There was an issue of Mainline Modeler that had an article on building a cushion underframe, in HO of course but I think it'd be doable in TT as well (I can't get at it though, it's buried in my dad's basement, and he's in Hungary until at least July)... it's a nifty solution using (IIRC) a spring from a ballpoint pen, and it'd represent the functioning of such an underframe, too.

But of course this is a complex thing and I'm not sure how suitable it'd be for production runs. At best it's something for someone to do for themselves. If the visual effect is all that's desired, the extended coupler housing is the best approach.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

From the South to the East, from the East to the . . . .

It is almost June guys and this time the quiz is about a more modern 50 ft PS-1. Next week more.

Rob

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

:dance: :dance: :dance:

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Hi US TT fans,

Before starting the quiz, we have taken a decision and I would appreciate your opinion about it.

Parallel to the production of the 40 ft PS-1 with the 8 ft door we would start the production of the 50 ft PS-1, but a bit later,. Now we have four choices, the 8 ft door with tabbed sill, the 9 ft door with fishbelly sill, the 10 ft door with cushion underframe and fishbelly sill and the 15 ft double door with fishbelly sill. The 10 ft door version would be mainly without roof walk and would have a low brake system. We will start with the single door, switching later on to the double door and perhaps going back to another single door.

Every door width you choose would mean two door side molds. To minimize the cost and to maximize the sales we will skip the 8 ft version for now and we will start with the 10 ft version. The 10 ft version is attractive because of the use of more different colours in combination with all kind of doors, such as plugin doors.

What is your opinion?

Ciao,
Rob

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”