Zeuke-TT, what's new?

rdikken

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Post by rdikken »

Hi Guys,

Due to the Corona situation shipments till 2 kg to the US, Canada, and Australia are more expensive. The cost are now about 50€, was 20€.

No idea, when it will be 20€ again. (If ever.)

Kind regards,
Rob

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Holy crap...that's a HUGE price increase...
:wave:

areibel

Post by areibel »

I read an article about Japanese hobby shops shipping to the US- pretty much the same deal, a huge increase.
Evidently a lot of the small package international mail travels on regular airliners, and with most of the normal international flights getting wiped out due to the whole Corona Virus thing that there's not as much capacity. Another thing that sucks about all of this!

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Hi guys,

Shipment costs to the US are pretty normal again, 22€ for 2,5kg. Australia and Canada are still expensive.

On stock are at this moment SCL hoppers, some chinese red Burlington cars such as the 171479, the 172020, the 172402 and CS 20000. I have one red brown RI hopper and there are 2 Chessie B&O hoppers.

I have still about 20 black undecorated hoppers. If I would make one last batch of black hoppers, is there any preference? Perhaps a Illinois Central or a DTI hopper? As a reminder, till now there are 4 B&O versions, 4 CP versions, 1 CN, 2 SP versions, 1 Erie, 5 Burlington versions, 1 SCL and JP made some RI versions.

Regarding the 2-bay hopper; there is nothing to report, still waiting for the prototype.

Regards,
Rob

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Shipment costs to the US, Canada and Australia are normal again, 22€ for 2,5 kg.
Rob Dikken

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

2-bay hopper
Due to the Covid-19 crisis and the take over of 2 companies by Fischer, there was for a long time no news about the 2-bay hopper project. The prototype made by Fischer with extra weights, JP's idea, should be ready this year. Production of 250 pcs in 5 different layouts, at least B&O and Reading, is planned for 2021.
Keep you posted on developments.
Rob Dikken

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

Dear all,

These are strange times. For the first time this year I was for a meeting in Germany and I saw with a Covid mask on again a prototype of the 2-bay hopper, the one from Ian. I must say, it looked incredible detailed and good. The attached metal plates were not that disturbing. Normally I would now say: "look at the pictures". But I decided to wait for the black painted one, because the use of metal plates for extra weight brought some paint issues with it.

So next week, you will see the prototype. And please give some comment if you see something incorrect. Fischer did use their own etched parts to make assembly a bit more easier.

The car will be printed for the following railroad companies: B&O (2 car numbers), Reading (2 car numbers), Frisco (1 car number), D&H (1 car number) and C&EI (2 car numbers). In total there will be made 240 pcs, around 30 pcs per car number. Production will start in February 2021 and should be ready before the end of June 2021.

Pre-ordering will start around April 2021.

Ciao,
Rob

Richard-B

Post by Richard-B »

As I said to Rob off-line...
"This is much more encouraging than I had expected!"
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

No pictures? You write such a post without pictures???? :evil: :lol:
:wave:

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

OK guys,

I have something to show you. Still waiting for the prototype, thought it would arrive last week, but due to Covid it will be not sooner then around the 1st of January. (I hope.)

Some pictures. A bit underexposed, but you can see the details quite well. Also a picture of the prototype made in 2016. Only one MTL 1015 copy of the coupler is connected to check if the height is correct. This model does not have enough thickness to screw a coupler on and using a nut makes it visable, so the used MTL 1015 is glued.

Please give me your reaction.

Ciao,
Rob
Attachments
2020_12_18_8227.jpg
2020_12_18_8229.jpg
2020_12_18_8230.jpg
2020_12_18_8231.jpg
2020_12_18_8232.jpg

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”