Zeuke-TT, what's new?

MacG

Re: Zeuke-TT, what's new?

Post by MacG » Sat May 28, 2022 2:21 pm

These are the H0 cars in the picture!

The over-sprayed roofs I know only from the modern box cars from the 70s. I don't see any paint mist on the edges of the GTW roof. At most a very light one.

http://canadianfreightcargallery.ca/cgi ... =gtw516796
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Bigelov

Post by Bigelov » Sun May 29, 2022 1:23 am

I am not sure how they did it originally, but I would have thought that the overspray would have only been minimal.

My guess is that they would have spayed only what was needed (to cover the rivets holding roof to car sides?), and gone no further. To me, the model you have shown seems to have too wide an area oversprayed, as if it has had an extra two spray runs further than the rivets. When spraying a model it would be harder to control the amount of overspray due to the super large size of the spray gun, and spray fan size, compared to the model car size. This would be even harder in TT scale compared to the HO version shown.

*Note that this is how I see it, and may not be how that actually did it. You really need photographic evidence to compare how much of the roof is actually oversprayed, so I am not sure how helpful this is...
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

MacG

Post by MacG » Sun May 29, 2022 10:22 am

That's how I see it, too. If you let the image colorize automatically, you won't see any color fog either. Here are a few more pictures of the GTW car from the Pullman Encyclopedia. The only surprise is that there is some light sealant between the painted rivets of the roof and the side panels. I guess that's where it was touched up.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

rdikken

Post by rdikken » Mon May 30, 2022 8:34 am

Thxs guys for your reactions, I had my doubts. Partly because I did not see it on existing pictures and partly because I asked Tangent to give some pictures to support this kind of overspray used on the CNW model and I did not get a reaction.

Ok, the GTW cars will not get an overspray on the roof.

Although the Tangent 40ft PS-1 with a 9ft door are beautiful, we are not planning to produce them. (At least for the next 3 years) For producing we will need two extra molds for the side and the bottom part and that will be now too expensive.

Ciao,
Rob

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”