CB&Q Box Car on ebay

TheKnighTT

CB&Q Box Car on ebay

Post by TheKnighTT »

I came upon this offer of an CB&Q box car on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234232997833?h ... SwLQNhZhjY

and I´m wondering if that is completely scratch built or did someone offer kits like that?
areibel

Re: CB&Q Box Car on ebay

Post by areibel »

It has to be scratchbuilt,and I wonder if it is even really TT or there's a seller that has no clue?
The trucks do look like Kemtron/Joma, and there were some cast (non operation) TT knuckle couplers but it could be HO. I'd ask the seller what the length of the body was before I'd bid (and I'm not bidding!) Looks like a 60 foot car as a guess, I can't read the dimensional data on the side to tell for sure.
Good Luck!
TheKnighTT

Post by TheKnighTT »

It's either too modern or too old for my taste. But I think it's nicely done and wanted to make you guys aware of the offer.

MacG and I were sure, if someone would know of this kit, it would be you, Al.
areibel

Post by areibel »

LOL! Well I was just lucky to be able to learn from several of the original TT'ers, guys like John Harmon, Larry Sayre and Jerry Golembowski (and others). I won't say I know every TT kit but if those guys knew about it I'm sure they would have said something. I wanted to model 1970 but there wasn't a whole lot available so I would pick their brains trying to figure out what was available.
It is possible it was a TT kit, there were a few very small producers like Christoph and Kalusa Scale Models that did wood freight car kits but they were all more "old time" style.
I would still like to see a picture with a ruler or measuring tape beside it, There were several HO craftsman kits that were wood and they looked great if you could build them! A couple of modern boxcars, hoppers and even an auto rack. Imagine building those one stick at time. This model looks really well done, and doing it all from scratch (especially the roof and ends), that's an accomplishment!
tomvanhoy

Post by tomvanhoy »

The door details on the sides are what got me. Nicely done and look too exact to be resin or wood? Maybe cast plastic or metal?
Murad

Post by Murad »

Here is the answer from the seller:

New message from: kwik831 (17,503YellowShooting Star)
It's not HO and its not N scale. The guy hand wrote on the box 'TT'
PRR fan from Russia =)
Murad

Post by Murad »

It might be "trailer train"...
PRR fan from Russia =)

Return to “Buy, Sell, Trade”