It’s been a while since I posted on progress on the engine house. One delay I had was with the wood I had ordered. I finally did get the wood I needed.
I started by staining all the lumber. Once dry I cut it to the correct length for the walls in my home made chopper.
Next I set up my magnetic holding jig. The use of magnets helps hold the structure down while gluing on the boards.
If the boards don’t want to stay down a couple of magnets placed on top helps.
One thing I discovered was if you’re right handed it’s better to begin on the left placing the boards and working right. Makes holding the boards with tweezers much easier.
I let the glue dry nice and hard for a day and then trimmed the ends off.
Once all the excess board overhang was trimmed I temporarily installed a window to see what the wall would look like.
And one of the outside with a window temporarily installed.
A pic of both close together.
Next will be the end walls. Until then remember scratch-building is fun.