2022 Spud Valley Hobby Show

AstroGoat760

Re: 2022 Spud Valley Hobby Show

Post by AstroGoat760 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:03 am

ConducTTor wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:01 pm Nice! How was attendance? Any interest in the weird scale?
Attendance was pretty good.

Nicholle had a lengthy conversation with a few members of the local NMRA chapter about TT scale, complete with what is available now. I only had one that was confused on the scale, trying to convince me that we really had an "N-scale display".
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:26 am

AstroGoat760 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:03 am trying to convince me that we really had an "N-scale display".
:lol:
:wave:

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:28 am

Here is the only video that I shot during the show of our display, due to the battery on my phone dying, and as it was, I forgot the high-amp charger cable for it at home:

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:24 pm

Nice "N" scale trains ;) Cool to see some people I haven't seen in a very long time. Tell them I said hi.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:48 am

Well, it is about time for the "post-mortem" for the display that we did at the 2022 Spud Valley Hobby Show. I should have that ready in the next day or so.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:04 pm

Well, enough time has gone by for me to collect my thoughts about the last show, so here is the "post-mortem" of our display at the 2022 Spud Valley Hobby Show:

The Good
The trip itself to and from the show was quite pleasant, with only a few times having to take evasive action due to deer on the roads.
The new venue for the show was overall better than the prior one, with better parking and setup availability.
The concession stand at the venue was pretty good as well.
No failures of any rolling stock or motive power that were used were observed.
During setup, we put the 36" x 48" layout next to the 38"x72" layout, aligned to the front edges, to find that the main roads on each layout matched up, providing a longer road for the TT scale vehicles to travel on.

The Bad
Some items that I wanted to display were inadvertently left at home, such as some of our newer North American rolling stock and locomotives.
Also, a toolbox was accidentally insufficiently packed, necessitating the quick purchase of some additional tools at the last minute.

The Ugly
A couple of the main wires for the larger layout got snagged during transport and setup, rendering the outer loop of the 38"x72" layout inert for the duration of the show.
A visit from the mother-in-law during the show.
Issues with my cell phone made taking pictures and video a bit difficult, necessitating the replacement of the phone.

The Awesome
There were quite a few people that knew of TT scale at the show, some remembered our last few setups in the area, and one had visited with us and talked about meeting us at the 2013 National Train Show in Atlanta, GA.
Nicholle did quite a good job of explaining the advantages of TT scale, as well as the possibilities of using non-TT Scale items for "forced perspective".

Overall, a good show. Some issues were made known, due to the extended duration between this show and the last show about 2 years ago, mainly pertaining to readiness and packing properly.

In my opinion, one of our better displays, overall. We are looking forward to next year being better.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:18 pm

"A visit from the mother in law" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Events”