Nanaimo Spring Meet

Marquette

Re: Nanaimo Spring Meet

Post by Marquette » Wed May 04, 2022 11:30 pm

Bill Dixon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:02 am two Manchurian Streamlined 4-4-4T engines

This guy?? Did you buy them?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://espeett.blogspot.com/

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon » Thu May 05, 2022 2:11 am

dileTTante wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:03 pm
Bill Dixon wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:49 amCan't get either of my cell phones to work though. I can connect to the router but when I run the App it shows no WIFI connection. More digging required.
Bill,remember that you changed the phone app to connect to the address of the DR5000 command station. You need to change the IP address in the phone app to the Roco unit for the GuiTTar Case.
- TerryC
You were right Terry.
There is no obvious way to change the IP address but if you click on it, you can edit it.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon » Thu May 05, 2022 2:14 am

ConducTTor wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:44 am You're right Bill, top frog should be permanently connected to top rail and bottom frog to bottom rail.

The Guittar case never gets old. One of the best layouts ever of any scale...pure genius.
Thank you ConducTTor. Going to have to figure out how to reconnect those frogs to their adjacent rails without causing damage.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon » Thu May 05, 2022 2:24 am

Marquette wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:30 pm
Bill Dixon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:02 am two Manchurian Streamlined 4-4-4T engines

This guy?? Did you buy them?
Yes. The fellow had imported them some years ago and I was intrigued by them, but not the price.
I filed the thought away to acquire them at a future date.
He had three at the show, two in a camouflage scheme and one in the purple and yellow scheme.
They were $75.00 each. When I was hemming and hawing about buying one, and which one, he said two for $100. Sold.
They run reasonably well. 8 pin DCC socket. Space for a speaker. Coupler on the rear only.
Because it is so funky I am going to leave the purple and yellow one alone. Thinking about repainting the other one to a North american scheme.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bigelov

Post by Bigelov » Thu May 05, 2022 3:08 am

Bill,

As ConducTTor said, the centre frogs should connect electrically to the outer rail. Here is a pic of a 2mm finescale double slip switch I made (in 10.5mm broad gauge, and still on the Templot plan). You can see the cut in the PC board dividing the two halves nicely. Electrically it is very simple between the end frogs, just top and bottom.
Steve B
Russia in Narrow Gauge
Bigelov's Flickr Account

Marquette

Post by Marquette » Thu May 05, 2022 2:38 pm

Bill Dixon wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:24 am Yes. The fellow had imported them some years ago and I was intrigued by them, but not the price.
I filed the thought away to acquire them at a future date.
He had three at the show, two in a camouflage scheme and one in the purple and yellow scheme.
They were $75.00 each. When I was hemming and hawing about buying one, and which one, he said two for $100. Sold.
They run reasonably well. 8 pin DCC socket. Space for a speaker. Coupler on the rear only.
Because it is so funky I am going to leave the purple and yellow one alone. Thinking about repainting the other one to a North american scheme.
I am so jealous! The purple and yellow one is worth keeping as-is, yeah, as that's the colours they had when they were in service with the South Manchuria Railway. Two were built, they were supposed to be for express services but they weren't quite as good as expected so they used them primarily on local trains around Dairen/Dalian. I don't know off hand if they ever actually were camouflaged, but I could look through my Japanese and Manchurian materials to find out, if you want.

8-pin DCC socket has me curious though... who made this and what scale? I've only been aware of MicroAce doing any Manchurian models in N scale (1:160, since they were standard gauge), and I'm not aware of MicroAce having DCC-ready models?

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon » Thu May 05, 2022 5:17 pm

They were made by Kairyu Co. In HO scale.
20220505_140652.jpg
I belive the Camo unit is a fantasy scheme aimed at the wargaming market.
20220504_160101.jpg
The unit is so funky I had to have one, and ended up with two.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Marquette

Post by Marquette » Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm

What an awesome find, I'm genuinely jealous.

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon » Sun May 15, 2022 11:47 pm

Here is a short video from inside the GuiTTar Case Layout.

A little jumpy where I edited out some dead bit.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor » Mon May 16, 2022 1:09 pm

It's brilliant!!!!
:wave:

Return to “Events”