2021 Shows in Greater Vancouver

Bill Dixon

2021 Shows in Greater Vancouver

Post by Bill Dixon »

Shows in 2021.
Will things have settled down enough for shows to safely occur? I don't know, but here are my predictions.

Western Rails 2021 - March. The first problem is the show committee. They were retiring after the 2020 event. I don't know if there is a new committee yet. Even if there is a new committee, I think that this event is too early in the year to occur. So No Go.

Nanaimo Show - Spring. Too early in the year to occur. If rescheduled to the Fall (like they tried to do this year) it may occur. So Spring - No Go. Fall - maybe.

The Calgary show in April is asking under what conditions will Exhibitors/Vendors attend. I think it is too early in the year to happen. So no go.

BCSME June. Maybe, might still be too early but not impossible.

The NMRA National in Santa Clara. Too many unknown factors right now. Will the border be open? What will the state of the pandemic be in Washington, Oregon and California? Will it be safe to travel in the USA? Will I and the other local TT Nuts feel it is safe to go? I don't know. I expect a go/no go announcement from the show committee early 2021.
The best thing might be to delay the show for a year. 2022 is currently open.

BCSME Late August/September. A reasonable chance of occurring.

Edmonton September - A reasonable chance of occurring.

Chilliiwack in October. Late enough in the year that there is a reasonable chance of occurring. This might be our first big show of the year.

VTE November 2021. Late enough in the year that there is a reasonable chance of occurring. Of course given the choice of weekends before or after Remembrance Day, they chose the one that conflicts with another event I really want to go to. Sigh!

One thin g to remember is the lead time required to run a show. Smaller shows like we have here require at least six month lead time.
Big shows like the NMRA National need years to pre plan.

A bit pessimistic about 2021 perhaps, but realistic.
Much can happen before then so we will see.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

AstroGoat760

Re: 2021 Shows in Greater Vancouver

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Hopefully 2021 turns out to be a better year than 2020 has been for model railroading. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

Return to “Events”