KM1 System 7 DCC Controller

Bill Dixon

Re: KM1 System 7 DCC Controller

Post by Bill Dixon »

MacG wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:38 am The lower part of this website is translated into English. If not, you can switch the translation on at the upper right corner. Here are the Manual and the WhitePaper, both in German and English. Package, shipping, and handling are together 26,70 €.
That doesn't look too bad. Would double what I paid for the system, yes I got it for a steal.
The only problem would be if they ship DHL. Rather than turning the package over to Canada Post, DHL are now doing the clearing themselves.
I don't mind paying their fees on a large shipment, but on a small shipment they are way too high.
I refused a shipment from them last week as the fees were near $30 on a $50 book.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

dileTTante wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:06 pm To power my N scale trains through a decoder to the track I've been using the old Roco DCC (10764) which we use as a booster at train shows. Although the Z21 has adjustable track voltage I have used the old unit with a 12v wall wart instead and it works.

So a power supply with a lower voltage might work for you and make for a simpler system.
- Terry C
That is a viable option if Ii can find a big enough power supply with a low enough voltage, and the right connections. This box has plugs and not screw terminals.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

dileTTante

Post by dileTTante »

So what are you aiming to operate with this controller? If you are trying to get lower voltage for smaller scale trains, why are you looking for so much amperage in the output (judging from you comments about diodes and power supply)? Are you hoping to use it to run a club layout? The 3 amps of the Z21 has been enough to power TT Tracks at shows. The KM1 can deliver 7 amps but that doesn't mean it needs 7 to function.
-Terry C

Return to “Electric / DCC”