Tweaking Zimo MX648 for GP9 project

RodTT

Re: Tweaking Zimo MX648 for GP9 project

Post by RodTT »

MacG wrote:
dileTTante wrote:... MacG's idea is good, but it would consume a lot of the other person's time, and it might spread germs.
We program at meetings (cracker-barrel/regulars' table and exhibitions). At the moment we have a break, no meetings in the next two months. It's a hobby and can wait. :wink:
At least we can play trains :P

dileTTante

Post by dileTTante »

MacG wrote:We program at meetings (cracker-barrel/regulars' table and exhibitions). At the moment we have a break, no meetings in the next two months. It's a hobby and can wait. :wink:
I'm curious about this. How does it go? Do you use one layout? Different test tracks? A command station, or Sprog? Computer or ? Are you experts or do you experiment? Please give us an idea of what you do.
- Terry C

MacG

Post by MacG »

Some of us have a programming track with a Sprog or Digitrax PR3 with computer and JMRI software. We do experiment or we have knowledge from older projects. Sometimes we copy settings from a well sounded loco to another. On the layout at exhibitions, or at home, we check the running and sound properties.
I use a dual gauge track (H0/H0m) for programming H0 and TT models. I also own an ESU decoder tester. This is helpful for testing before installing.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Return to “Electric / DCC”