"Slow motion" train throttle for TT shunting : any idea ?

GuiTTar_Case

"Slow motion" train throttle for TT shunting : any idea ?

Post by GuiTTar_Case »

Hello there ! :thumbup:

I'm still on my Inglenook layout project, with DR rolling stock. But, as I'm thinking about play sessions, I'm starting to question me about some kind of model railroading throttle controller which provides "slow motion" loco speed, especially for shunting on micro- and mini-layouts ...

I've already searched, but I only found one controller (for an analogic layout, no DCC) for Z scale (on a specific Z scale train webshop), and with "pulsed width" (does it fits for Tillig TT scale locomotives ? I'm not sure !), or very expensive material (to my budget), I mean, stuff like built-in Gaugemaster controllers and wall slots ...

A Hungarian craftsman (Medvend Electronics) had produced these throttles a few years ago, but it seems that his website (and maybe his company) doesn't exist anymore ...

So, here is my question : do you have any idea where I can find a throttle controller for TT scale, with very slow speed (without locomotive "stalling" ...), but not too expensive (under 70 $) ?

Or, is it possible for an amateur in electronics to cobble a small controller like this, to be powered with 9 volt battery (that would be even cheaper ...) ?

Thanks a lot !

See you soon :wave:

- Antonin "GuiTTar_Case" :geek:
- Antonin "GuiTTar_Case" :mrgreen:

GuiTTar_Case

Re: "Slow motion" train throttle for TT shunting : any idea

Post by GuiTTar_Case »

Hello Krokodil !

Well, I must admit that my electronic skills are quite "non-existent" ...

In fact, I was referring to this Z scale train throttle :

It seems to be the best "dead slow" train throttle for Z scale : and as the maximal voltage for Z scale locomotives motors is 9 volts, the only problem which makes me hesitate is the "pulse width modulation" and its compatibility with Tillig TT locomotives motors ... (?)

Maybe someone could tell me if this product will fit for a shunting layout in TT !

http://zscaletrack.com/snail-1

See you soon :wave:

- Antonin :mrgreen:
- Antonin "GuiTTar_Case" :mrgreen:

Return to “Electric / DCC”