MTB CSD 141, the Bobina

j p

Re: MTB CSD 141, the Bobina

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:I just saw this, Euro Train Hobby has this loco (and others) under MTB brand, for sale. Price not too bad (reasonable) same range as TILLIG models. It's the quality any good? I don't want to purchase one (and find out that MTB uses the same technology as PERESVETU) and end up trowing it against the wall. Just asking!
I'd wait for more typical paint scheme.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

MTB's chassis and mechs are good.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

AstroGoat760

Post by AstroGoat760 »

ConducTTor wrote:MTB's chassis and mechs are good.
I can also vouch for the excellent quality of the MTB mechanisms.
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

j p

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:Thank you guys! As I mentioned before I collect replicas of all the German eras and I also have some other countries (former Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, Switzerland, Austria, Romania etc from different eras). I just need some locos for those cars since I love all of them. Is this a freight loco, multi purpose or only passenger loco? Can I use it with the former BTTB double decker? (I do not know what era is that).
It was a passenger engine. It was not built for freight but it was used for it sometimes.
There are not any cars available for it though (in this paint). Tillig and Kuehn make nice Y CSD cars - but none of them is suitable for 1990-1992.
Maybe the CSD cars made by TT-Model, but those are express cars and express trains were pulled by newer engines in 1990s.
(Kuehn's blue CSD 372.001 engine can pull those + some DR and MAV cars)
Another possibility would be CSD blue double deckers from Kuehn - but even that was rather an exception than typical use (and you'd need 2 engines).
You cannot use it for BTTB double decker set. The double decker sets were not in regular service in 1990s anymore.
But... if you want to wait, I am sure that MTB will make it also in 1960s or 1970s paint schemes. Then you can use it with the Y passenger cars and the double deckers too! You could also add Soviet sleeping cars to its train. It was pulling Prague-Moscow express.
Regarding the freight trains: this engine had a freight version too (called E469.1 or 121). It is also likely to be one of the future MTB models. http://www.zelpage.cz/fotogalerie/big/121004.jpg

j p

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:Question to rdikken (and/or all the members). What do you mean the pantho is a dummy? Electrically or mechanically? I can not really tell by looking at pictures, but seems to me that the lower support swinging arms are made out of plastic which it makes the overhead catenary application absolete, no curent pick up posible from overhead wires thru the pantographs, no big deal, I can live with that. The thing that I do not know if they are able to go up and down.
Yes, they can move up and down
http://jacek-modely.cz/fotky/modely/141 ... MTB_11.JPG

rdikken

Post by rdikken »

I saw it too late.

Yep they are electrically not connected.

Ciao,
Rob

j p

Post by j p »

j p wrote:
Rich B wrote:
j p wrote:I will not comment on all the errors here. Many of them are quite disappointing because making the model correctly would not require any additional cost.
You're taking the time to make accusations, why not back them up?
Well, you've asked for that...
141MTBvsCSD.jpg
141MTBvsCSD2.jpg
The biggest errors (for me) are in the paint: the border between the green and ivory is too high, the yellow stripe is not wide enough, the engine number and CSD plate on the side is too high. All that could be done correctly at no additional cost.
Then:
Shape - the model is 3 mm shorter than it is supposed to be, battery box has 2 pressings instead of 3.
Wheels - the model does not have spoked wheels
Lights - the model does not have red end lights
Pantographs - this has been mentioned already

Update:
MTB has announced this engine in CD version - and it seems that this time they focused slightly more on the paint. That is good news! 141 in CD version has correct paint, all errors in paint I mentioned earlier have been fixed.
The other issues have not been fixed, but those are not so important for me.
http://www.mtb-model.com/pages/product. ... meritko=TT

j p

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:Looks good! But still no wiper blades :think: :wall: :? :lol: :cry: :roll: :thumbup: :thinking: :clap:
Those will never come. There are larger details to improve if MTB wants to make the model better: number plates, manufacturer plates, spoked wheels, color of the upper half of the body, length of the model, pantos, lights...
The important things is that this CD version is acceptable, the first CSD version was not.

Sventton

Post by Sventton »

I just picked one of these up in eventual hopes of performing body surgery to get it resembling a Swedish prototype. Anyway I must say that the MTB build quality is quite good....heavy, decent low speed and overall speed control. Nice loco at a good price with Eurotrainhobby ' Christmas sale, all the CSD errors aside......

Return to “MTB TT Scale Models”