Beckmann DR BR 75.5 item #1010600

CSD

Beckmann DR BR 75.5 item #1010600

Post by CSD »

I had wanted to get this item for some time and now that it has arrived I am not disappointed. The details on this one are ridiculous. Most of the parts are metal and plenty of the detail has been separately applied. Even the tiny valve handles. The motor has been mounted in the boiler so that the cab remains open. A small bag of detail parts (hoses) have been provided for user installation. The only oddity is a set of electrical warning decals that have to be applied. This model is of such fine quality that I will not hesitate to buy another Beckmann.

Pick up is from all driving wheels. Driving characteristics are smooth with even acceleration. The motor is a bit noisier, but it is a little powerhouse. 2 traction tires are installed, although, I can't imagine why you'd need them with the model being so heavy.

Lighting is warm white LED, 2 element directional.

It is close coupled with Tillig couplers.

Comes with 6 pin digital plug.

Instructions are German only.
PC250007.jpg
PC250008.jpg
PC250009.jpg
PC250010.jpg
PC250011.jpg
Mark
//S

CSD

Re: Beckmann DR BR 75.5 item #1010600

Post by CSD »

PC250012.jpg
PC250013.jpg
Mark
//S

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

The detail does look amazing!
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

WillYart

Post by WillYart »

My wife and I enjoyed looking at the closeups, amazing.

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

You are quite a bit misled.

The picture shows a unit of the series 7512. This number series existed only during World War II. These locomotives were taken over from Polish National Railroads (PKP) between 1939 and 1944 and given back (most of them) after the war.
The locomotive shown is 75 1201. It was made by Hipolit Cegielski S. A. in Poznań (Poland) in 1928. PKP gave it the number OKl27-1. After the war it stayed in West Germany and was scrapped in 1951.

This thread is about series 755 which is the former Saxon class XIV HT.

They're two completely different types of locomotives and have got nothing to do with each other.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Just compare yourself.

Saxon XIV HT

versus Polish OKl27
"Let's eat, grandpa."

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Series 01 and 015 are related to each other, at least. :problem:
Series 755 and 7512 have the same wheel arrangement and were used for the same purpose. That's why they have the same series numbers. (In Poland their designations are different—OKl101 and OKl27, respectively.) But that's all they have in common. :eh:
They are from different eras. They are of different design. They are from different manufacturers. They have different performance characteristics. Their majority ran in different regions. None of them is a modified version nor a further development of the other one. None of them can be kitbashed from the other one's model.
If you would post a photo of GE's Genesis when EMD's FP9 is spoken about, it would fit better. :doh:

They are completely different locomotives. :!:
This thread is about one of them. So the other one is off topic and should be referred to in another thread because it could confuse other readers otherwise. As far as I know there is not (yet?) even a TT model of OKl27. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So it's actually even off topic for the whole forum (except for the "Off-Topic" thread).
So I can't reconstruct your train of thought leading you to the opinion that a photo of OKl27 was properly placed here. :?:
"Let's eat, grandpa."

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Sorry!
I didn't want to attack you. I simply wanted to express that I don't understand you.

By the way:
If you remove posts, you'll make the following posts impossible to understand for other readers.
"Let's eat, grandpa."

Return to “Beckmann TT Scale Models”