TT-Tracks

Bill Dixon

Re: TT-Tracks

Post by Bill Dixon »

Another day working outside. Still a bit too cold to work comfortably for very long.
Finished all the clamps and guides.
20200210_All clamps completed.jpg
Had to adjust a few after the fact. Especially the one near the joint I worked on. I did learn that you should buy all the same types of clamps from the same store or chain. If you mix the bits up they don't all work together.
20200210_Reworked joint.jpg
I took the time to fix this joint. It didn't line up properly and used too many short track pieces. It looks much better now. We will see how it works at Western Rails.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Bill, is there wood under the foam that the clamps are screwed into?
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

ConducTTor wrote:Bill, is there wood under the foam that the clamps are screwed into?
There is a wood block on the bottom side for the screws to bite into.
The blocks are glued to the foam. I expect that they will eventually work loose and have to be replaced, but I hope to have a better solution by then.

Regards
Bill Dixon
Central Hobbies
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

And the winner is: Australia Post and Canada Post.

I am out of bedding track so I ordered some from Sebnitz on Feb 18. They shipped as soon as I paid and then it sat in the DHL location for a few day, then made it across the Atlantic and arrived in Canada Customs in Ontario on the 25th. It is still there.

I needed some roller bearing trucks, and a few cars, so I placed an order with TiTan. I paid him on the 21st and the package arrived on the 26th. Somehow it passed through Australia Post and Canada Post with out stopping for anything. Great Service! My package from Sebnitz has been sitting in Customs for longer than it took the package from TiTan to arrive, so it doesn't look like I will be bringing any new modules to Western Rails.

The trucks however are being used now. Any car that had a set of Gold Coast trucks, that should have had roller bearing trucks, is being upgraded.

Been looking at model storage. I have been using 11L boxes from the Really Usefull Box Company. With the Kaizen foam they will hold two layers, maybe three in a a pinch. There are extended lids you can buy to get more room but that requires an international order.

I discovered their 17L boxes. These have the same dimensions at the top, slightly smaller in the bottom and are half again as high. These might hold four layers of foam with the 1/4" layers I want to put between them. I have one box to experiment with.
They have no insert tray which is nice as I have a surplus of trays from the 11L boxes. It is a pain in the butt to cut these down so you can get two trays in an 11L box. I am getting better at it but still making a mess and getting imperfect results.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

Bill Dixon wrote:And the winner is: Australia Post and Canada Post.

I am out of bedding track so I ordered some from Sebnitz on Feb 18. They shipped as soon as I paid and then it sat in the DHL location for a few day, then made it across the Atlantic and arrived in Canada Customs in Ontario on the 25th. It is still there.
And it's finaly moving this way. After 10 days languishing in customs in Toronto, my package is moving West. It is due to arrive on . . . . The 16th, the day after Western Rails.
I discovered their 17L boxes. These have the samedimensions at the top, slightly smaller in the bottom and are half again as high. These might hold four layers of foam with the 1/4" layers I want to put blts.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

And it's finaly moving this way. After 10 days languishing in customs in Toronto, my package is moving West. It is due to arrive on . . . . The 16th, the day after Western Rails.
I discovered their 17L boxes.
These boxes hold 3 layers of equipment with layers of foam between them. They might hold four layers if I could find thinner foam are a tall lid.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

DrCodeWizzard

Post by DrCodeWizzard »

Sorry if this is slightly off topic. Over past 3-6 months I've been sending Tillig Track with roadbed to cmrproducts (www.cmrproducts.com). I just sent them the three radii that are available from Tillig. Within a month or so I expect them to have TT-T-Track modules (singles, doubles, corners) available for sale in their store.

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

Bill Dixon wrote:

And it's finally moving this way. After 10 days languishing in customs in Toronto, my package is moving West. It is due to arrive on . . . . The 16th, the day after Western Rails.
So after an attempt to miss deliver it, the package has arrived in time for the show, . . . that is not happening.
Oh well, time to work on modules for the next setups.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

The weather was good today so I worked on modules.
I had a choice of the industrial area or the passenger station.
As the industrial area is more useful and interesting right now, besides I still needed stepped rail joiners, I worked on the industrial modules.

I needed turnouts for the industrial modules so I removed them from other modules.
20200316_Modules to be reworked.jpg
These three modules are donating turnouts.

This is the modified module one.
20200316_module one.jpg
The back track is new. The cardboard squares represent the industry (warehouse) that will be there.

This is what module two will look like.
20200316_module two.jpg
The industry in the back will be a brewery. The front will be cut away for a coal trestle.

This is what module three will look line:
20200316_module three.jpg
The industry in the back will be H P products. the front track will be a team track.

This is what module four will look like:
20200316_module four.jpg
The industry in the back will be a cold storage warehouse and the front will be an oil dealer.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

Module work continued.

This is what module five will look like:
20200316_module five.jpg
The industry in the back will be a stock yard. In front a scrap yard.

I am currently short a LH Turnout. I do have a donor module in mind.
I need to cut the foam for modules three, four and five.

After I found flat areas to hold the modules I started gluing track down.
Here are industrial modules one and two drying.
20200316_module and two.jpg
The curved track crossing the joint is loose. I managed to rework the track on all the industrial modules so there were only straight joints or loose curved track pieces.

Here is new straight track on one of the original modules I built.
20200316_straight track replacing turnouts.jpg
I had toyed with the idea of leaving this module as it was as a Legacy module but decided that the turnouts were more useful elsewhere.

For now the industries will be represented by card board rectangles. They will be upgraded with three dimensional cardboard stand in structures that will eventually be replaced with proper structures.
As they are very visible the coal trestle and stock yard will be done first.

I misordered track and some items were not available so I have an interesting selection of spare beding track. I need to order a few more BG1s. A few more BG4s wouldn't hurt either. For now i have most everything I need for the passenger station. When the track is back in stock at Sebnitz i will place another order. There is no rush for the track now.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”