SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Mixy

Re: SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Post by Mixy »

The solution with Alt key is a workaround for preserving of the slopes, but it is really stick to 1mm step internally and there is no way for change that for the moment. If you don't have slopes, you can use the Numeric Input feature and set the exact height for the whole track plan. And I will work to add a feature in some of the next versions of SCARM for vertical shift of all selected tracks and objects.

In the meanwhile, the new version SCARM 0.9.32 is ready and published, coming with new Flip and Rotate features and many new and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railroad Layout Software 0.9.32 Released

This version also fixes several annoying bugs that may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended :)

Mixy

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Thanks as always Mixy.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

The new SCARM v. 0.9.33 is ready and published, coming with several new features and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railroad Track Planning Software 0.9.33 Released

The new “Height shift” tool in the Toolbox is the promised solution for lifting-up all selected tracks and objects to the desired height. Hope you will like it :)

And here is one more way of using SCARM: if you want to play with the program on a mobile device, this may be of help:

Using SCARM on iPad and Android Tablets

Mixy

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Thanks Mixy!
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

The new SCARM v. 0.9.34 is ready and published, coming with new and updated track libraries and also with a new extension - the brand new Model Trains Simulator.

Read more details here:

Model Railroad Layout Designer SCARM 0.9.34 Released

The Starter Edition of the simulator is intended for simple 2D and 3D simulations of various operations on the track plans, designed in SCARM. It will show you how the model rolling stock can be operated on a real layout, before buying even a single track.

In this way, you can check the concept of your plan and to discover potential design issues before start the construction of a real layout. Or you can just play with your laptop on your virtual layout, when you are not at home. And last, but not least, this edition of the simulator is completely free, like SCARM itself :smile:

Please note: the simulator is not directly bundled into SCARM installer. If you want to test it, you must install the latest version of SCARM first and then to use "Extensions" > "Browse for Extensions" menu command in the program in order to download and install the required files.

The simulator opens a whole new world in SCARM universe and I hope that you will like it :wink:

Mixy

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

:clap:

Very cool. Question: I'm running SCARM via WINE on my Mac. Would this latest version require a complete re-installation or is there a software update function that works like on Win?

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

I am afraid that the sim is not compatible with Wine. However, I plan to move the source code on more recent developing platform and to make it working on Linux/Wine, even in 3D. Not sure when, but that is the plan :)

Mixy

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Ok I can wait :)

sman

Post by sman »

Nice work Mixy. The ability to test operation on ones design is brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Henryk

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

Thank you, guys :)

And here are the SCARM model trains blog posts for September.

See also the recently published gallery in the blog from one of the largest modular layout meetings in Europe:

35 Years Anniversary FREMO Meeting in Riesa, Germany

Overall meeting hall view:

The track plan, situated on more than 6000 m2 (64500 square feet):

That is designed probably in AutoCAD or other similar general purpose CAD software, not in SCARM. However, I am considering adding of features for creating of modular layouts also in SCARM for some of the next versions of the program :)

Mixy

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”