SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Mixy

Re: SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Post by Mixy »

Here are presented the first very detailed virtual locomotive models in SCARM, created by Ian Donohoe and shown in the following SCARM post:

Detailed 3D Models of US Diesel Locomotives in SCARM

Below are two of them:

These are created with the object's interface of SCARM and are auto-scalable to the scale and gauge of the used tracks in the layout plan, so they will perfectly fit on TT scale tracks :)

Download the loco library from the blog's post and use these nice models in your virtual SCARM layouts :)

Mixy

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

Hello E.T.,

Happy New Year!

Not sure what can cause these strange problems, but I think that it is outside SCARM.
Please, send me your layout file to SCARM e-mail at Image and I will check its data consistency.

Mixy

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

The new SCARM v. 0.9.28 is ready and published. Read more details about it here:

SCARM Model Railroad Layout Designer 0.9.28 Released

There are many bugfixes, so it should run smoother and even more stable ;)

Mixy

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

Here are listed the SCARM railroad blog posts for January 2015.

Check How To Make Control Panels and Diagrams for SCARM Track Plans article if you want to know more about how to draw a stylized diagrams of your layouts like the example below of oval with one siding.

The next version of SCARM will be published soon :)

Mixy

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

I would so love it if you made a Mac version.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Mixy

Post by Mixy »

SCARM can be started in Mac environment even now - read more about that here:

Running SCARM on Apple Mac

And here is the newest version SCARM 0.9.31 ready and published, coming with new security features and several new and updated track libraries. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railroad Track Planner 0.9.31 Released

This version should fix the "scramble" bug, which may appear in the older releases, so update is recommended :thumbup:

Mixy

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Mixy wrote:SCARM can be started in Mac environment even now
:clap:
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

sacto-tt

Post by sacto-tt »

I have been working on designing a piece of my new layout using SCARM. Some annoying quirks, but I'm managing to get what I want out of it.

I have now run into a problem with the metric to SAE conversion inside the program. I want to place the entire layout on a 1 inch layer of foam to allow more ground detail. I tried following the instructions provided via help to raise the entire layout up one inch, but it will only raise it 0.98" or 1.02" because of the conversion problem. This occurs because each press of a key or tick of the mouse wheel changes height by 1mm internally and the new height is then converted to inches. Is there a way to enter the new height by using a text box or some other way to type it in? :wall:

The program seems to allow that for many height functions, just not the one where all are being changed via the ALT button. Hopefully I'm just missing something. I don't feel like manually adjusting every height indicator.
-Joe-

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”