AstroGoat and CaTTwoman and TTerry and TrainGirl's "Big-Haggis Modular TT Layout"

AstroGoat760

AstroGoat and CaTTwoman and TTerry and TrainGirl's "Big-Haggis Modular TT Layout"

Post by AstroGoat760 »

It looks like next spring (2021) will see the construction of my long-awaited train shed. Final dimensions have not been settled on, but the minimum specs are 16' x 32', with 20' x 40' being more reasonable to house everything that we have in TT scale and to have operable layouts as well.

The current 3' x 4' two loop layout will be overhauled and used for German TT, whilst the 3' x 6' layout will be redone and used with Tri-Ang track, both will be housed in the shed as well. A small 3' x 3' "Card Table layout is also planned for completion. A workstation with vent fan is also planned.

Regarding the North American TT Layout, here is my goal, to be accomplished in phases:
14 x 28 TT Scale Layout Base.png
14 x 28 TT Scale Layout 1.02.png
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

AstroGoat760

Re: AstroGoat and CaTTwoman and TTerry and TrainGirl's "Big-Haggis Modular TT Layout"

Post by AstroGoat760 »

Here is a more filled in version of the plan:
14 x 28 TT Scale Layout 1.02 track.png
The mainlines have a minimum radius of 18".

The goal is to be ready with the completed layout for the 2023 National Train Show in Texas.
Life is short, play with TT Scale Trains!

CaTTwoman281

Re: AstroGoat and CaTTwoman and TTerry and TrainGirl's "Big-Haggis Modular TT Layout"

Post by CaTTwoman281 »

Give this guy any space, and he will fill it with trains.

Not that I am complaining any.
TT Scale... In my case, it is a family affair...

MacG

Post by MacG »

This is a nice big room that he has there. :shock:

But more is possible. In the middle, there would still be space for a peninsula with a loop or stub-end tracks. :grin:
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”