"Trollvesnice - černém kopci" - Czech style End of Line !

GuiTTar_Case

"Trollvesnice - černém kopci" - Czech style End of Line !

Post by GuiTTar_Case »

Hello everyone ! :wave:

First of all, I wanted to apologize for my long silence on the Forum. But, I used my free time (which is my only wealth) to think about a feasible, economical, easily transportable layout project for a future move, and of course, with a good touch of fun !

So, I started to design a small point-to-point layout, Czech inspiration and totally fictitious, an "end of the line" station on a non-electrified single-track line (with relay stick signalling), Diesel traction (what about a steam locomotive ... why not, for next Christmas), all this while running rolling stock in a "cheerful blend and total freedom" spirit, from Epoch 3 to Epoch 6.

I got inspiration by this old story in a British model railroading magazine.

Here we go, the final version of my point-to-point layout is a "GO for beginning" ! (Trackplan with AnyRail.)

The chosen name : "Trollvesnice - černém kopci", could be translated in "Trolltown - Dark Hills" (!) ... I think I take old pagan folklore and Black / Folk Metal a bit too serious :lol: Freight and passenger trains and - mostly - shunting activities will be the game.

Regional Czech / Slovakia border passenger service will be operated by CD, one double deck passenger coach and one simple "Regio" CD passenger coach hooked by the 749 CD Epoch 5 diesel loco.

International trains service and freight service will be operated by MÀV Trakcio, hooked by the MÀV Traxx (Bombardier) diesel loco.

Touristic and rail fanning charter trains with Epoch 3 / 4 rolling stock will be operated by "Trollbahn Touring Gmbh, Dresden", with the 749 "Red Star" CSD diesel loco. :whistle:

About technical parameters : DC control, manual switches, no railroad signals so far, 200 * 40 plywood baseboard, with some simplified scenery, including a dark hill to cover the fiddle (and the fictitious track, going either towards Brno (CZ) or Zilina (SK) ).

I have a lot of ideas, like two totally fictitious international trains, featuring the Ukrainian sleeper car (IC 666 "Seven Tears Are Flowing To The River" [Athens - Kiev, with the two JZ passenger cars] and IC 788 "Chanson de Roland" [Latour-de-Carol - Kiev, with SNCF "Eurofima" passenger cars], as I can't find any NSB or SJ passenger coaches to make an IC 793 "Ragnarr Lodbrok" [Oslo - Kiev]) :mrgreen:

The scenery will be quite simple: a small station will take place along the siding, a goods hall and a loading/unloading station for chemicals, oil and gas will be on the far left of the plan you see, and on the right, a small maintenance and fuel facility for the locomotives.

On the hill hiding the (single track) fiddle, there will be a cromlech, or several megaliths, with a druid and his acolytes in full ritual ... :grin: A few country houses will come to embellish, also vegetation and accessories. And of course, some cars and trucks, maybe a bus, but Eastern Europe style (Lada, Tatra, Kamaz, Brabus, ...)

The particularity of this track plan, as you may have noticed, is that passenger trains arriving from the fiddle will have to go on reverse, to bring the passengers to the platform of the passenger station ...

In case a freight train arrives at the worst moment (busy track onward, problem with a locomotive, ...) while a passenger train is at the platform, it will have to be pushed back and uncoupled on a siding to clear main sidings !

It's closer to a "railway puzzle" than to a real network. But hey, I'll take it !

Hope you'll enjoy it, 'cause I'm about to post photos of the first steps to come as soon as I'll receive the baseboard !

See you soon for more "Trollish" railroad action !

Antonin :geek:
- Antonin "GuiTTar_Case" :mrgreen:

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: "Trollvesnice - černém kopci" - Czech style End of Line

Post by ConducTTor »

I think the #1 question is what sort of case will you put it in? :wink:
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

GuiTTar_Case

Re: "Trollvesnice - černém kopci" - Czech style End of Line

Post by GuiTTar_Case »

Hello ConducTTor ! :wave:

In fact, there will be no case to protect the layout for storage. After the failure of my guitar case layout try-out, I decided to build a layout on a simple plywood board, with Tillig TT "Bettungsgleis" taped (double-sided tape), and the scenery around ; but the buildings to come (like the passenger station) won't be glued on the baseboard, just laid down and removable. This way, for my upcoming house moving, the buildings can be stored away from the shocks, in a separate box lined with foam.

I'm thinking of some sort of light tarpaulin to protect the tracks and the rest of the fixed scenery, especially from dust, and also from what happens in the kitchen when I cook pork chops - I currently live in an apartment where the kitchen is open to the rest of the living room.

Unfortunately, I have neither the financial resources, nor the equipment, nor the woodworking skills to make a "box" surrounding the network and leaving only an opening on the side where I will stand at each game session.

The most expensive will not be the layout itself, so if I have to replace a switch or a buffer, it will only cost a few Euros. The same goes for a glue stitch used to repair a building or decorative element.

:thumbup:
- Antonin "GuiTTar_Case" :mrgreen:

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”