voyttek's layout

CFRiad

Re: voyttek's layout

Post by CFRiad »

[emoji106]

TTTerrific

Post by TTTerrific »

Really, really nice! Just luuuvvv the catenary set-up.

voyttek

Post by voyttek »

Thanks for all your compliments, this gives me more motivation to finish.
Finally the last connecting span of overhead wires on the first loop is done.
My catenary has been soldered now so I can now include the picture showing how I was able to keep proper tension on the last span. To do this correctly one needs three hands or must use a trick.
The station is also finished and now I am working on the second loop, which will take several more weeks, as I had to order four more masts to complete my
project.
Attachments
rubber bend and tweezers in use
rubber bend and tweezers in use

voyttek

Post by voyttek »

Finally I finished access panel on North side of my layout.
My next project will be installing signals. I'am planing to do some semaphores and light signals mix.
This will take some time I’m afraid, because I will have to assemble them from kits, and I will need at least twenty of them just to do the main lines only.
Attachments
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg

RodTT

Post by RodTT »

Well done, some nice modelling there.

Juup

Post by Juup »

Catching up on this tread ... Wow, some great progress and super modelling. It will be at least 5 years until I get so far with my project. Keep up the the good work. The photos especially are great to look at :)
Juup

voyttek

Post by voyttek »

Last piece of my catenary is finished now! I also completed the Main Station, which is the last building that I planned for my layout. To do that I bought Auhagen 13329 and cut off the part of it, making it a bit smaller in order to compliment existing buildings and not to overwhelm the rest.
I can say that the scenery on my layout is finally finished.
Few weeks ago I ordered 30 light signals, hope they will arrive soon.
This will be another time consuming process as I will have to assemble them from scratch.

Another project I just completed is the assembly of Diesel Locomotive SP45 and I am happy to say that it is now fully operational, and I will bring it to our next show.

I still have a problem with double-slip turnouts. I can only run trains across and I don’t know how to connect them to have full control of switching.
I am using now MP1 and I wonder what else I need to fix this problem. If anybody knows how to do this please let me know. I would greatly appreciate.
Attachments
Catenary - final connection
Catenary - final connection
The Main Station
The Main Station
IMG_1362.jpg
My new SP 45-219 completed!
My new SP 45-219 completed!
IMG_1348.jpg

Arseny

Post by Arseny »

Great work, Voyttek!

voyttek

Post by voyttek »

With some smokey days upon us recently, I decided to spend more time indoors than working outside. What a great excuse to build something for our display (good news I did not have to wait for winter to do this…) I chose a theme of rural setting with some grain elevators for an accent. These are the first grain elevators I have ever built, even though I always liked their rugged architecture. I studied several options and as I could not decide which one to choose…. I had to build three of them! Now I am forced to build TWO modules to properly fit them in! My wife calls me crazy… and I am afraid, she knows something about it….Now I have to order some tracks, build the boxes and finish everything for Chilliwack show.
Attachments
IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1447.jpg

CFRiad

Post by CFRiad »

Ooooh, that looks good!

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”