GANDTT

krokodil

Re: GANDTT

Post by krokodil »

I have a new speed trap.

I discovered that the latest locomotives have serious differences in speed. About a month ago I have got the same model from 3 different manucaturers. As my layout is a pure analog one, I found that the speed difference among those models is too much. (50-150%). Additionally all locomotives have a very modern construction with flywheels what makes trouble to stop them automatically in front of signals. My stop sections are about 45 cm long, 1 of those machines at half speed runs out from the section without power. For that reason I decided to qualify the vehicles into speed groups. All locomotives with similar speed at given track voltage should run about the same speed od slowlier. For that reason I built a special billboard on the top of CTC relay center. This is a small display with some text and animation and when the train runs around it automatically measures the speed and calculate into real speed (km per hour). This speed is displayed for 5 seconds on the board and after that it continues as an advertisment board. On the picture the building is opened ( I add some more features). The speed ist measured along the line with two tiny optosensors. Everything is printed on my new 3D printer.
Speedtrap 1
Speedtrap 1
Speedtrap 2
Speedtrap 2
Ps. Nice new TTnut UI. Thank you!
Greetings from Austria
E.T.

TiTan downunder

Post by TiTan downunder »

That's NEAT

krokodil

Post by krokodil »

The animation
The animation
The roof details
The roof details
Thank you!

Here are few more pictures. The animation is already working when no train is around.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Wow. That's super cool.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

krokodil

Post by krokodil »

Speedtrap
Speedtrap
Here is the first picture from the layout.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

Don't you think your train should slow down on the curve? lol
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

krokodil

Post by krokodil »

Yes, I know. The problem is that our wonderful models at half throttle (analog PWM) are running at this speed. :-) (quite exactly measured).
i am hesitating what to do. Of course I can modify the speedtrap. When I slow down more the trains it is already unrealistically slow and some of the older locos will have a trouble on the inclines. And there are brand new locomotives with much higher speed ( in original the same class!).
Greetings from Austria
E.T.

krokodil

Post by krokodil »

I found one mistake in the code. Now it is much realistic. I would like to improve also the graphic on the billboard.
Speedtrap2
Speedtrap2
Speedtrap3
Speedtrap3
Greetings from Austria
E.T.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

I like the graphic actually. Does what it needs to. But I've always been function over form so...

krokodil

Post by krokodil »

I do not want to change this screen but the screen when no train is in the section. ( no speed detection). It should show something interesting ( some moving stuff).
Greetings from Austria
E.T.

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”