TT-Tracks

MacG

Re: TT-Tracks

Post by MacG »

Did the plant in the model ever have the structures for coal delivery? I only know of additional buildings such as the warehouse, boiler house and workshop.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

Having a week off, was getting a little peopled out at work, it was time to complete some projects.

First off, there have been nine cars in my work desk that needed finishing and moving to the ready to run show boxes.

Firstly some hopper cars. You have seen pictures of these before.
20201028_CArs ready for service one.jpg
These now have their higher loads.
Yet more hopper cars. Some day I should count them all, and maybe finish the various resin cars I have.
20201028_cars ready for service two.jpg
These, like the other three have their loads, have been weighted and Micro Trains couplers installed. Starting to think the couplers stick out too far.

Now for two box cars and a mechanical reefer. You have also seen pictures of these before.
20201028_cars ready for service three.jpg
The big flat green area in the front is going to be a cattle pen.

All nine cars are now in the show boxes.
The background structures are the subject of the next post.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Bill Dixon

Post by Bill Dixon »

Module five of the industrial switching are was to have three industries on it. An oil dealer, a lumber yard and a cattle pen.

Here is the back side (if you are switching from inside the layout), would be the front side of the module if it was in the main setup.
20201028_Ind Module Five Industries.jpg
The oil dealer is on the left and lumber yard on the right.

The oil dealer.
20201028_Oil Dealer.jpg
The main oil tanks are from a Walthers N-Scale set. The shack is a cut down Tichy office building. The walls shortened, painted with various Vallejo paints. I have decided that the green blob on the stand on the left has to go. I will replace it with a small red building marked 'Fire' to represent fire fighting equipment. The base will be painted a nondescript grey. Front and centre will be a small box with black hoses running out of either side to represent the hoses used to unload the cars. Not a super detailed scene but more than good enough for show use.

On the right side is the lumber loading dock.
20201028_Lumber Dock.jpg
The basic dock is an HO Scale model from ?? Glued to the top of the foam, it is the right height for loading into freight cars. It needed some sort of roof. Made from Evergreen Styrene H-Columns and angles, with Tichy HO Scale corrugated material for the roof. The end railings are scratch built from styrene strip. The lumber piles are Atlas HO Scale bits. Again painted with various Vallejo paints.
It needs a name. I am thinking Dick's Lumber, after a local lumber dealer.

The ballast and ground cover is just sifted sand.

As noted in the previous post, the front of the module will be a cattle pen. Starting to work on that.
Also stared my Vollmer Hydrogenation plant kit. Painted the base before installing any of the towers.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC

Return to “Layouts / Track Plans”