Romania - Caile Ferate Romane

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.
BogdanRa

Re: Romania - Caile Ferate Romane

Post by BogdanRa »

Hello
I am the starter of RoTT project and I collect to go into international expositions some CFR loks and cars:
Here is a DA, an LDH (both made by Nicky Stama) and a Te4 car system made by Szeles Joszef

modorney

Post by modorney »

That's nice

I like how the first class passengers get a little more room than the second. :)

CFRiad

Post by CFRiad »

I meant to update this post for a few month now, but I didn't get around to it. Life, I guess... Anyways, so it goes...

A big (huge?) evolution for TT scale modelling of Romanian railways: our friends at MTB released a model of the 060 diesel-electric loco of the Romanian railways. It has the original body and the late 2000's livery of CFR Călători, the government-owned passenger railway operator.

Some of these locos were rebuilt with Caterpillar engines, variable frequency drives, asynchronous 3-phase motors, 1500 V AC head-end power generators and air-conditioned cabs. The originals had Sultzer V12 engines, variable voltage drives, DC series motors and no head-end power.
CFRiad wrote:060/061 series (formerly DA/DA1 series) 6-axle diesel electrical locomotives (axle formula Co'-Co') had a maximum power of 2,100 HP. The first six units were built in Switzerland by joint venture between Brown-Boveri and SLM Wintherthur. The following ~1400 units were built in Romania for CFR, with another 1000 units for export to Bulgaria, China and Poland. The 60/61 series are identical except the maximum allowable speed: 100 and 120 km/h respectively. They were/are used in passenger and freight service on all non-electrified main lines. They lacked train heating and needed a steam generating car to heat passenger trains.
Unit 060-DA-0001 built in 1959 in Switzerland
Unit 060-DA-0001 built in 1959 in Switzerland
Later unit in 2000's livery for CFR Călători
Later unit in 2000's livery for CFR Călători
TT model by MTB
TT model by MTB

Marquette

Post by Marquette »

Updated availability list in 1st post
#include <std/disclaimer.h>

Return to “Prototypes by Country”