Czechoslovakia - Ceskoslovenske Statne Drahy

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.
j p

Re: Czechoslovakia - Ceskoslovenske Statne Drahy

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:
DSCF2171.JPG
DSCF2172.JPG
DSCF2173.JPG
Part 2.
Model has been adapted with new buffers, bottom and the moving sections at both ends have been painted to match the body, the first set of side windows after the control cab have been covered, extra raised framed windows(not completed yet) on the sides after the first set of side windows (and the control cab) have been added, lettering highlighted in deep yellow, needs extra vents on the roof, the diaphragms (accordion type) between coaches have been painted (not shown), so they are not original black anymore,center window at the end of the coach has been covered.
This one has a real life prototype for sure.
This is DR version in CSD paint scheme. Even the DR version was wrong though. The body was too wide (2.2 mm difference), the distance between the sections was too long (8 mm instead of 3.3 mm).
But prototypically more correct version of this exists. Some modellers made it out of an etched brass kit, others modified the BTTB model.
Here is CD museum-version:
http://www.k-report.net/discus/obrazky/36/08/783608.jpg (sorry, you have to click it, I would not use the image directly if copyrighted.)
This guy makes "kinematics" for the inner trucks.

And a guide for kitbashing (in Czech). The pictures + Google translator give some indication though. I have seen better, but this one is with description.
http://www.mojett.cz/?p=1301

Some pictures of the real thing: http://rp.webzdarma.cz/BP930/

Anyway, the model which I have is the same old BTTB and non-prototypical one. I am very tolerant :)

Re. the shops: I have the same problem. I don't buy if they don't accept creditcard or paypal. Bank transfer is very expensive.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConducTTor
Site Admin

Post by ConducTTor »

j p wrote: http://www.k-report.net/discus/obrazky/36/08/783608.jpg (sorry, you have to click it, I would not use the image directly if copyrighted.)
It should be ok to display - the copyright text on the image gives credit to the owner. As long as that's not removed, it's all good.
j p wrote: Re. the shops: I have the same problem. I don't buy if they don't accept creditcard or paypal. Bank transfer is very expensive.
Same here.
My website: https://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

To jp: Thank you for the info! Very, very helpful. I've got most of my ideas about these coaches from "you tube". I think I have to find another coach end (with 3 windows) in order to make it the same as the prototype. Or, I will wait maybe Tillig will release a new version of these cars (CSD version). I like what Rivarossi did with their new HO gauge version! Even the older HO gauge models manufactured by former SCHICHT (later PIKO) were kind of interesting concerning the gangways (diaphragms)!

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

j p wrote:This is DR version in CSD paint scheme. Even the DR version was wrong though. The body was too wide (2.2 mm difference), the distance between the sections was too long (8 mm instead of 3.3 mm).
You have forgotten the cab end.
The trains without engineers cabin had two identical end sections. So they had the same side windows like the cab ends of the model but they didn't have windshields but three narrow windows at the front side instead.
And the trains with cabin had windshields. But they had different side windows at the cab end. They looked like those of the Kres-trains.
So the model is prototypical for nothing.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

ROCO model of the former Czech State Railways (CSD) is not art.# 36222, I believe is 36207. I have to verify on that. Beside being the wrong length (as LVG1 mentioned in previous posts), I found 2 things that are missing on my (this) model: 1.the yellow hammer & sickle, the former Soviet communist sign is missing from the engine room window, 2. The shape of the buffers on the model are round not oblong as the prototype. As for the right model for all the colectors & modelers interested in this version, we hope that PIKO will release it (soon), since they have nailed it with the release of the DR one. I expected ROCO to come with this version, but I think they fall asleep at the throtle. :wall: :evil:
Last edited by Christtking on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacG

Post by MacG »

Roco #36222 and #36207 are BR 132 (232) locomotives? :think: Here is the Roco list of CSD Diesel locomotives.
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:

j p

Post by j p »

Christtking wrote:ROCO model of the former Czech State Railways (CSD) is not art.# 36222, I believe is 36207. I have to verify on that. Beside being the wrong length (as LVG1 mentioned in previous posts), I found 2 things that are missing on my (this) model: 1.the yellow hammer & sickle, the former Soviet communist sign is missing from the engine room window, 2. The shape of the buffers on the model are round not oblong as the prototype. As for the right model for all the colectors & modelers interested in this version, we hope that PIKO will release it (son), since they have nailed it with the release of the DR one. I expected ROCO to come with this version, but I think they fall asleep at the throtle. :wall: :evil:
Very close, but not exactly that number. Google says 36208.
It was not a typical engine for CSD, they bought only 2 of them for testing in 1970. They did not have any problems in service, but it was very difficult to get spare parts for them. When it was time for revision, no maintenance facility was willing to do the work. Both engines were sold to Bulgaria in 1976 where one of them was repaired using the parts from the other one. It got another major repair in 2002 and it is supposed to be in use until now.

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

To jp: You are absolutely right! I just got home and checked my model, that's what is listed on the box. Art. # 36222 is the light blue-ivory Eilt version. And thank you for the story! :thumbup:

Christtking

Post by Christtking »

To MacG: ROCO tends to take out the models from their catalog every time they update it, that is normally every month, I heard they do it weekly. What you see on their web site is only NEWS articles. Roco manufactures their items only one time series, speaking of their TT scale models. I am not aware of their HO scale models. Articles 36222, 36206, 36207, 36208 (for example) are history, they are no longer available from ROCO.

LVG1

Post by LVG1 »

Christtking wrote:1.the yellow hammer & sickle, the former Soviet communist sign is missing from the engine room window,
Hammer and sickle were the Soviet national emblem.
Why do you expect that on a Czechoslovakian locomotive? :?:
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!

Return to “Prototypes by Country”